Unexpected News

Elena's pov

It was the morning after the masquerade ball and i lay in bed curled up next to Damon. Looking at the clock i saw it was 6:30 in the morning. There was no point trying to sleep so i got up and went downstairs. When i got to the bottom of the stairs i heard whispers coming from the kitchen. I recognised the hushed voices right away. It was Jordan and Jake. What are they doing up so early. They usually weren't up until at least ten am on a weekend.

"What are we going to tell them Jake?" I recognised that was Jordans voice, she sound panicked. "Jordan, i don't know" replied Jake. For a moment they were quiet. I was wondering if i should go in and see what was happening or go into the living room quietly. Choosing the latter i quietly tip toed to the living room and sat down on the sofa. "We have to them Jake. I know this is really unexpected news but they have to know" their voices were getting closer to the living room so i quickly grabbed one of the grimoires that had been left on the coffee table the night before. I pretended to read it as their footsteps got closer. "I know we have to them. Let's wait in the front room until they're all up". They walked into the living room not expecting anyone to be there. They jumped when they saw me sat there. "Oh my God! Elena! You scared us! What are you doing up so early?" I looked up at Jake and Jordan who were stood in the doorway with their hands over their hearts still in shock. "I could ask you two the same thing" they gave each other a quick glance before turning back to me. "How much did you hear?" my eyes followed them as they took a seat opposite me on the other sofa. "I know that you have to tell us something and that its unexpected. What's going on? Are you okay?" they nodded.

"Yeah we're fine. We just have some unexpected news to tell everyone. We're want to wait until everyone's up. The hours rolled by slowly. The tv was on in the front room but none of us were paying attention to it. It was still only me, Jordan and Jake up. Everyone else was in bed. The ticking of the clock and the noise of the tv filled the room. If it wasn't for the clock and the tv, the silence would be deafening and extremly awkward. At 10:30 am there was finallly sounds of people moving about upstairs. Jake and Jordan traded wary looks. We heard people walking down the stairs. "Oh hey guys didn't know you were up" I looked up to see my older brother Matt and his mate Molly stood there, they quickly took a seat. There were more people coming down the stairs. It was Luke, Lindsay and then finally Damon.When he saw me sitting on the sofa a look of relief appeared on his face. "Oh thank God, there you are. I woke up and you weren't in bed. I wondered where you had gotten to." I smiled at him "I'm fine. But Jake and Jordan have some serious explaining to do." after the words left my mouth everyone looked at Jordan and Jake who stiffened in their seats.

"Uh-well. We have something that we need to tell you" Jordan looked at me, worry was clear in her eyes. I nodded at her to continue and Jake squeezed her hand for encouragement. "We weren't expecting this but we knew we had to tell you ASAP." I furrowed my eyebrows at her. What was she talking about. "Jordan. It's okay. You can tell us. Don't worry." I got up and crossed the room. I sat down next to her and held her hand in mine to give her some encouragement and support. "I-I'm....pregnant"

At that moment everyone's eyes widened in shock. That definitley was unexpected news.