Chapter Four

Lia

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an ungrateful person or anything like that but there was just something off about Don Giordano having a plan and looking so damn pleased about it.

"I take it your silence means everyone is willing to hear this idea? Wonderful!" He said cheerfully.

Gone was the hard faced, irritable man that had stood before us just seconds ago. My stomach churned with anxiety.

Ohhh boy, this can't be good.

"I propose, literally, that Miss Costa and I get married." He stated with utter confidence.

No one saw that coming for sure, neither did they see me being so shocked that a maniacal laugh of disbelief bubbled from my throat, with a dash of hysteria of course.

Once I regained control of myself and was allowed to wipe the tears from my face, I was again greeted by a stony faced and very offended Don Giordano. Whoops.

"Sorry Donny boy, now what's the real plan?" I asked, still chuckling lightly.

"Lia, sweetie I um think that was the plan." My mother said, speaking up for the first time since the start of this whole ordeal. I hadn't even noticed that she'd stopped crying.

I didn't laugh the second time around, instead my knees buckled and I blacked out.

I heard voices floating around in the darkness as I regained consciousness.

I can't believe I fainted! Ugh who does that in real life? I've let down thugs everywhere! I wailed mentally.

I opened my eyes slowly hoping to not be noticed, but lady luck was just not on my side at all today.

"Good she's awake," said the still sexy but obviously insane Don Giordano.

"Unfortunately," I grumbled, earning myself a glare.

"Are you ready to discuss this?"

I huffed and sat up then proceeded to cross my arms, "There's nothing to discuss Don."

"You agree then? Wonderful, let's go get your things."

My parents and I both shouted in confusion, as hulk #2 picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Oomf! W-what are you doing!? I'm not going anywhere with you!" I yelled pounding the brick wall this creature was trying to pass off as a back.

"You don't exactly have any other options, but since you don't like me being nice I'll lay it out for you. You either marry me and act happy about it or I leave here without my brother's money and he comes himself, which in other words means, he eliminates you all and liquidates whatever won't leave a trail." He stated coldly.

I stopped fighting and looked at my parents, taking in their faces that had aged so much in the past few hours. Frankly, they looked like crap. Believe me I could tell, I mean they did have to raise me after all.

I sighed in defeat, I knew they would object simply because I was their child and they valued my happiness, but I valued their lives and with that final condemning thought my decision was made.

"Okay." I said in a small voice.

"What? Can you speak up I didn't hear that?" Giordano said, in a move to assert his authority.

"Lia, please it's okay, don't do this," my father pleaded, clutching my hands.

I sighed,"Hulky, let me down so I can tell my parents goodbye for now." My mother choked back a sob.

He hesitated, looking to his boss for permission to grant my request. He must have gotten it, because he dropped me like a sack of hot potatoes.

"Ouch!" I glared menacingly at him, a clear threat not to piss me off before stumbling to my feet with the help of my parents.

Once I was standing I hugged both of them as tightly as I could, praying that I was making the right decision. After a moment I untangled my self from their arms, my mother didn't try to stop the crying this time. I stepped back as my father moved to comfort her.

"I promised you two that I would fix this and that's exactly what I'm doing," I said with a sad smile,"everything will be fine, you'll see."

I couldn't say for sure if I was trying to convince them or myself, either way I had made my decision and there was no turning back now.

"Okay, let's go." My fiance said.

I nodded in compliance, no longer trusting the strength of my voice. There was no way I was going to let this bully see my thug mask slip again.

Game on you sexy monster!