Chapter 6: Dark Voice

It was 7:30 and Rose had just been put to sleep. Snape apperated over to Hogwarts main gate and let himself inside. He climbed the many steps to Dumbledores office.

"Licorice ropes." he said calmly as he passed the gargoyles. He a senses into Dumboldores office where he sat waiting for him at his desk.

"Hello Severus. I trust you're doing well?" He inquired politely.

"Yes, you see, the reason why I called this meeting is because I feel that Rose should have a voice of her own." He explain quickly. " She is almost 7 now and she cannot express her self through anything except her hands. It would be most kind of you if you could look at her. Take me somewhere that can help her."

"Certainly. I will do all I can to help." He said curtly before he stood and both of them apperated to Snape's house.

"Here she is." He directed Albus. He smiled at her sleeping figure.

"My how she has grown." Dumbledore said softly taking out is wand. He located the spot where her vocal cords were and gently touched her with the tip of his wand.

His wand shot back glowing black. Both Snape and Dumboldore looked at her in shock.

"Severus, that was no birth accident, that was caused be dark magic."

"So you mean to tell me the dark lord did that to her?" Snape asked with anger.

"I'm afraid so. This means she cannot be cured, she will have to stay silent for the rest of her life." He said sadly.
"But more importantly this means that Voldemort is not oblivious that she lives. He knew she was there and tried to kill her too. "

"Well we have to protect her!" Snape yelled in anguish. Rose stirred.

"I would advise you to keep your voice down. But yes, we must see to it she is protected. Harry will no doubt be his first target, so we mustn't let them be together. At least until they are older, stronger wizards."

"Yes of corse."

" She will take your last name. Rose Potter Snape. That way she will not arouse suspicions."

"Alright. Does the boy have anything like this..."

"No, he has just but a scar. That does make me curious though. Two infants that could resist Voldemorts power? These will be very strong twins. Indeed. It will be hard to conceal the truth for long." Dumbledore whispered breathlessly.

Snape looked down solemnly on the sleeping Rose. This innocent check up was supposed to make her life better easier. Instead it only brought a hidden darkness sponge her. And the promise of a looming battle for her life.

"I know you will protect her Severus. I will do everything in my power to see that no harm comes to her. She will take your name. For all she knows you are her father." Dumboldore spoke as he turned to leave.

"But when the time comes, she will have to face her destiny along with Harry."