𝐱𝐢. TIME IS ON MY SIDE

˖*°࿐chapter eleven

˖chapter eleven.
xi. TIME IS ON MY SIDE

———

"I don't understand. It's been over an hour. Why hasn't she woken up yet?" Damon said to Cassandra as he carried Janelle's unconscious body into the Boarding House.

He laid her down onto the couch, Bonnie following in after him. Damon bit into his wrist, holding it over Janelle's mouth. "You already tried that, Damon. It's not going to work." Bonnie gently pulled his arm away.

Damon groaned in frustration. "There has to be some other way. We can't just leave her like this." His eyes cut to Cassandra, who was standing in the doorway. "You." He angrily stomped towards her. "You did this to her; you fix it."

"I didn't do anything to her. Janelle was aware of what would happen if she didn't make it back in time. My magic can't heal her, and neither can your blood. It's up to her now to pull herself out of this."

This made Damon furious. He couldn't just wait for Janelle to wake up on her own. He refused to let her stay like this.

But what if she doesn't pull through? He thought to himself.

What if she never wakes up?

Just thinking about it made Damon scared. He's already lost his sister once. He doesn't want to lose her again.

Bonnie saw the distress on Damon's face."She'll be okay, Damon. Janelle's strong — she'll make it through this," she told him.

"And what if she doesn't?" he asked, looking back at Janelle. It seemed as if she was sleeping. "Somebody has to do something. I'm not just going to sit here and watch my sister possibly die."

The front opened, revealing a frantic Stefan. He first noticed that Bonnie was here, but he was too distracted by seeing the state Janelle was in to acknowledge her. He rushed to Janelle, sitting on the floor from where she laid on the couch. He grabbed her hand, squeezing it once, hoping for her to do the same.

Just to let him know she was okay — alive.

"What happened?" Stefan asked.

"She knocked out after returning from the prison world where she saved Bonnie," Damon replied, joining his brother on the couch after lifting Janelle's feet and laying them on his lap. "We don't know what's wrong with her, and none of us have been able to heal her either."

Stefan turned to Cassandra. "Will she be okay?"

"I'm not sure yet," she answered truthfully.

That wasn't what he wanted to hear, and it made Damon even more pissed off than he already was.