Sixteen

She narrowed her eyes at her father angrily.

"What do you want?"

"I want to know how you're doing."

"I'm fine." She growled.

"Nari?" Her mother entered the room.

"Hey mom." She waved shortly. Her mother eyed her father suspiciously and sat as far away from him as she could.

"I know you both are mad at me." He sighed.

"No s**t." She cursed under her breath.

"Language. But yes. No s**t." Her mother agreed. He looked at them sadly,

"Let me explain."

"I don't want to hear your excuses." She looked away. He ignored her and continued anyways. Typical.

"I know I should've been there for you both. I just didn't know how to be there for you. I put my pain in my work and I just ran away from my problems. And I'm so sorry for that."

"Bulls**t." Her mother scoffed. Her father sighed and shook his head.

"I took some time off work so I'll be staying at home for a while. For you both." He nodded to them. He looked pleased with himself.

"So now, all of a sudden, you decide you want to be a father? I've done perfectly well without you and honestly I don't think I want you at home." Nari shook her head in disappointment.

"Well obviously not! If I would've been there this wouldn't have happened!" He yelled frustrated.

"So you're saying I'm a bad mother? Are you saying I can't take care of my daughter?" Her mother yelled angrily.

"I didn't say that-"

"Well you implied it so much you practically said it!" She cut her father off furiously.

"It's not what I meant! I just want to be there for you guys!" He yelled at them exasperated. She shook her head sadly.

"You should've been there when my sister died."

"Well I'm here now, and I'll do everything I can to make it up." Her father looked at her pleadingly.

"Nothing you can do can make up those years. It was like you were dead. I needed a father and you just left. You worked all the time. You rarely came home and when you did it was late at night and you left early in the morning. You were never there, and suddenly you decide you're gonna be there for me? No f**k that. Just go back to work. And if you really cared you would've been here when this happened not two weeks later!" She screamed at him.

"I didn't find out until yesterday!" He screamed back.

"I left a voice messages on your phone, work phone, and office phone when it happened!" Her mother yelled. Her father went beet red and stood angrily.

"That never happened!"

"It doesn't matter! If you found out yesterday, where were you yesterday?" She yelled. Her father sat down and looked away stubbornly.

"Exactly." She sighed. Typical. He wasn't much of a father when he was there for her, what could he do now? Walk around like he was boss? As if.

They sat in an angry silence for a long time.

"Did you ever cheat on me?" Her mother asked softly. She tensed. He probably had. Her father said nothing. He ignored them furiously. She sighed and leaned her head back against her pillow.

"I want a divorce." Her mother whispered shakily. Her father paled and looked at her in horror. Her mother stared at him blankly. Her clenched his fists and her stood. He walked out of the room slamming the door loudly.

Good riddance.