Three

I carried my last boxes to the car and stacked them in the trunk. I looked at Lana and smirked,

"That's the last one." I smiled. Lana reached out and grabbed my arm.

"Ready to go home?" 

"More than ever." A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Aw, honey! Don't cry." She pulled me into a tight hug.

"Lana, I'm sorry.. Nobody has really cared for me ever since my parents died. This is just new to me. I'm okay." She began stroking my hair, and whispered into my ear, 

"I understand. Come on, let's go home." I smiled and wiped my tears,

"Okay." We climbed into the car and drove off. Here goes my new life.

_____

When we arrived at Lana's house I looked out the window and my jaw dropped. Lana rested her head on my shoulder and said,

"You'll get used to it."

I yelled, "Ow! Damn, your chin is boney!" She just laughed and we climbed out of the car. I went to the trunk and opened it, taking out the box on top. Lana grabbed the next box and we hauled them inside. I nearly dropped my box and fell on the couch.

"Holy shit, Lana!" she laughed and headed towards a huge staircase. I grabbed my box and followed her.

"So, where's my room?" she nodded. 

"Upstairs. At the moment it's not that great of a room cause it's not painted or anything, I figured I'd let you pick out that kind of stuff." Lana put her box down and opened the door. I walked in after her and set my box down on the queen size bed. The walls were a soft white, the bed had white bed sheets and pillow cases, the floor was a deep shade of cherry wood that matched the living room floor, and then there were three white doors.

"This one is the bathroom." Lana said, opening the first white door to the biggest bathroom I had every seen. It had a huge tub that took up about half the room itself, a walk-in shower, and a huge counter.

I walked inside, "Oh my god, Lana! This is huge!"

"Okay, this one is the closet." I opened the door and walked inside, it wasn't as big as the bathroom but it was bigger than the closet I had at the orphanage.  The closet was painted that same soft white.

"Wow." was all I could mutter out, "This is so much bigger than what I had back at the group home! I could barely stand in it."

"What's in the next room?" I asked. Lana opened the door and it was a gaming room. "Whoa." I said, walking to the black leather couch in the middle of the room. I sat down and was looking at a huge flat screen TV. 

"Is this all for me?" I asked looking at Lana with my jaw dropped.

"Yeah, it is, Rachel. All yours." 

______