[16] king douchebag

[16] KING DOUCHEBAG

Stiles' stumbled straight out of Scott's room only minutes after entering, a horrified look plastered on his face.

⠀⠀"Scott's gone."

⠀⠀"What?" Elise gawked, pulling at her hair and storming into the room to have a look for herself.

⠀⠀"Car - get to the car." Stiles grabbed Elise's hand and pulled her down the stairs, running to his jeep parked on the curb.

⠀⠀"Allison's?" she suggested, buckling herself in just as Stiles turned on the ignition and took off.

He nodded in response, his anxiety evident and his words not easily fathomable. Elise didn't know what to do to calm him down, and found herself placing a hand on his on the steering wheel momentarily.

They drove down the highway in the dark, tension levels spiked as the awful ideas of what Scott could be doing right now filled their heads.

In the distant she spotted bright, flashing, red and blue lights. The familiar lights of police cars.

⠀⠀"Stiles-"

⠀⠀"Yeah, I see it." he sighed, pulling over by the scene when they'd approached.

They jumped out and strode towards the ambulance parked by the woods, where they were loading a stretcher with a body on into it.

Stiles froze and stared at it, and Elise knew what he was thinking. His eyes darted around, searching for his dad.

⠀⠀"I'm sure he's okay, Stiles." she smiled reassuringly, trying to push away worries of where her own dad was.

⠀⠀he turned restless quickly, turning away from Elise and searching further among the other officers. "Dad? Dad? Has anyone seen my-has anyone seen my dad?"

⠀⠀"Stiles? What are you doing here?"

The Sheriff emerged, walking towards the pair with a creased brow and look of concern.

In an instant Stiles crashed into his dad, pulling him into a tight embrace.

⠀⠀"Elise?" Her own dad approached, his hands in his pockets. "What's going on?"

She pulled him into a quick hug, relief filling her momentarily.

⠀⠀"We were just driving past, and we saw this, and we were both worried, and yeah." Elise sighed, smiling weakly at her father.

⠀⠀"Okay, thank you for the concern. But a crime scene isn't the place you should be on a school night. Let's get you home."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Elise shouldered her rucksack with a shrug, following the two teen boys into the school and listening to Stiles' rushed explanation intently.

⠀⠀"So, basically our chemistry teacher could've aided the Hale house fire arsonist, slash murderer, we are now trusting Derek Hale, and we need to get Allison's necklace because it somehow links into this all."

⠀⠀Stiles nodded and grimaced, "Basically."

⠀⠀"Standard." She sighed, her tone laced with exhausted sarcasm, to which Stiles only smiled sympathetically.

⠀⠀"This is gonna be impossible, you know." Scott groaned beside them, looking forlorn.

⠀⠀"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles suggested, fiddling with the lacrosse stick in his backpack restlessly.

⠀⠀This earned Stiles an exasperated look from his best friend, "How?" He questioned.

⠀⠀"It's easy." Stiles explained, as if i were obvious. "You just say, "Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?""

Elise snorted, but her face dropped when she saw Scott's expression.

⠀⠀"You're not helping." She said, clearing her throat.

⠀⠀"Why don't you just talk to her?" Stiles' sighed.

⠀⠀Scott groaned, his frustration levels rising. "She won't talk to me. What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"

⠀⠀"That's why you ease-that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on the good side; remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace." Stiles laid out for him, but Scott was miles away, his eyes vacant but a smile creeping across his face.

⠀⠀Elise raised an eyebrow and slapped Scott on the arm, "Scott McCall, if you're thinking about her in the shower, I swear-"

⠀⠀"Yeah, sorry." He blushed, smiling sheepishly.

⠀⠀Stiles' rolled his eyes and placed a hand on Scott's shoulder reassuringly. "All right, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order. Got it?"

The teen werewolf nodded, seeking marginally more confident than ten minutes ago. Or so Elise hoped.

⠀⠀"Get the necklace."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

The lunch hall was packed when Elise entered, and she struggled through the swarm of students to get her food. Her eyes searched for people she could sit with, and her two options seemed to be Allison, Lydia and Jackson, or Scott and Stiles. After grabbing a sandwich and some juice, she made her way over to the table. Putting down her tray, Elise slipped into the seat beside the two, who were already absorbed in a conversation.

⠀⠀"We're not getting the necklace," Stiles notified her grumpily picking at the lettuce in his sandwich wrap. "And now king douchebag Whitemore knows about our wolf problem."

⠀⠀She frowned at Scott "What? How come? Did you find anything out?"

⠀⠀"Allison won't even talk to me." Scott mumbled, staring at his food so intently he could bur a hole in it. "And no, just that I know nothing about girls, and that they're totally psychotic."

⠀⠀"Hey!" Elise snapped, "She's not the one who's a werewolf."

Her eyes fell on the table she could've gone to - Allison's table. The brunette looked a lot happier than Scott, as she laughed at something Jackson had said. But Elise knew she must be hurting, Allison Argent was just a good actress.

⠀⠀"Okay, I came up with a plan 'B' just in case anything like this happened." Stiles interrupted, not wanting Elise to snap at Scott in his clearly fragile state anymore.

⠀⠀"What's plan 'B'?" Elise asked cautiously.

⠀⠀He sighed, as if it were obvious. "Just steal the stupid thing."

⠀⠀She cocked an eyebrow at him, "This is coming from the son of the sheriff?"

⠀⠀Scott didn't seem so keen on the idea either. "Couldn't we try at least getting to Harris?"

⠀⠀The sheriff's son shook his head, "My dad put him on a 24 - hour protective detail, okay? The necklace is all we got. Steal it." he demanded, pointing his water bottle at Scott. "Thank you."

⠀⠀Scott suddenly froze, his eyes flitting to look and Stiles and Elise and his body moving to completely face towards them. He squinted as if pained suddenly, and under his breath he whispered, "Stiles, he's watching us."

⠀⠀"Wait, what?" Elise hissed.

They all quickly looked in Jackson's direction, to see him staring with a smirk right back at them.

⠀⠀"Jackson's talking to me. He knows I can hear him." Scott uttered, panic in his face. "Look at me. Just talk to me. Act normal. Pretend that nothing's happening." He instructed.

Elise stared at Stiles, both of them stumbling for words to say to keep Scott distracted.

⠀⠀"Say something. Talk to me!" Scott said, his voice rising.

⠀⠀Stiles stared helplessly, his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish repeatedly. "I can't think of anything. My mind's a complete blank."

⠀⠀"Stiles Stilinski, speechless? Of all people? Goddamnit, this is not the time!" Elise scolded.

⠀⠀"Not under this kind of pressure!" He defended, staring at her. "FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore."

Elise stood up to look around the cafeteria, finding that Lydia, Allison and their friends were now indeed missing Jackson's company. After a few seconds of frantic searching she saw him by the water fountain, standing with that arrogant smirk plastered on his smug face.

Scott's face contorted with rage suddenly as Stiles and Elise watched Jackson's mouth move silently, his words irking Scott to no ends. His hands wrapped around the coke can in his hands, crushing it slowly as his anger rose.

⠀⠀Stiles interjected, trying to shake Scott out of his anger and stop him from listening to Jackson. "Scott, come on, you can't let him do this. You can't let him have this kind of power over you. Okay?"

⠀⠀"I've had enough of this." Elise muttered, jumping up from her seat and storming over to Jackson.

He tore his eyes away from Scott and stared at her as she approached with a mockingly confused look. He shoved his hands in his pockets and faced her cockily.

⠀⠀"Jackson!" She greeted with a fake smile, "You didn't happen to get the chemistry homework did you? I forgot to copy it down."

⠀⠀Jackson's smile faltered, "Oh, uh, yeah. It's in my bag." He said, looking at her a little more than confused. As she followed him over to his bag, she looked back at Stiles who was trying to calm Scott. He looked her way for a moment and gave her a grateful smile to which Elise gave him a quick wink.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x09 "wolf's bane"

I REALLY DONT LIKE THIS TBH AHHHH IDK IDK THERE WASNT A LOT OF ACTION IT WAS JUST A CHAPTER THAT I NEEDED TO WRITE FOR THINSG TO MAKE SENSE SORRY:((((

u shall get more eliles/stilise(???) next chapter ehehe;))

I am so not ready for tonights episode of teen wolf jdsbdbhjsa my precious babies they were all getting hurt last episode it was awFUL also just remember: everything we're watching now is a FLASHBACK. IT'S ALL ALREAYD HAPPENED. NO THNX.