Ch.65 - Progression Not Regression

Yo guys, 70K reads, yesterday I turned 20, my sis is home, and I wrote another full chapter? Life's been good lately! ****read to very end of chapter :) All excitement :)

*** review of last chap may help

_____________________________________________

He shifts against her--getting closer, comfier. No problems seemingly residing in his pants. "If you want we can change the subject, distract your mind if that'll help."

"That'd help a lot actually, is that okay with you?"

"Absolutely. Any topics in mind?"

"I really do want to be with you again, you know, in that way. I do. I loved what we had in your home town and I think, I think it's just a mixture of emotions that keeps me wanting to go there again, but also stilts me."

"Hey, no pressure from me. I'm more than happy to do just this." She smiles with his words, the feature only growing with the press of his lips to her head, nuzzling there affectionately before he continues rather cutely. "I mean, not to say I didn't enjoy what we had because I did, very much. But wouldn't you rather, I don't know, what would make it romantic for you?"

Breathing out as her body loosens another inch. "Just you" Nudging into the crook of his neck with a slowing heart rate. "I don't need rose petals and candle lit bedrooms. What matters is you. You made it romantic last weekend when we..." Shivers traveling up her spine, biting at her lip as she recalled it all with both vigour and a strange melancholic feeling. Repeating, "When we danced. When we were in our room and you were so careful and conscious of how I was feeling." Peering up just enough to see those expressive eyes gazing back at her intimately concentrated, his hands still a constant rubbing on her skin. "You righted my wrong and I can't properly express how much you did make it romantic."

A light pink blush creeps onto his cheeks, down his neck as he tries to hide it with a cough. Side stepping her compliments. "Well good because I can't light candles without burning down my house apparently." A self deprecating look on his face as she matches with a gentle knowing expression. "Another story for another time. But I can do low lighting with a switch. And like, yummy smelly things."

"You are a yummy smelly thing. I want you, and I'm sorry if I've left you, uhm, compromised."

"Hey," he purposefully untucks them from each other, his arms still a reassuring warmth around her. Latching into each other but distinct inflictions to his words as his gaze intensifies. "You don't owe me anything. Not your time, not your words, not your body."

"I know but I did get you all riled up then left you, sorta, in need while I got freaked out."

"How about over stimulated instead of the term freaked out, yeah?" She nods, pinching her mouth into a thin line as he continues. "You can do whatever you want and not--and should not--feel guilty about if I'm left with my own stimulations. That's my problem my body created, not you or yours."

"But still, if you need, help? Maybe? I just feel bad."

"Charlotte," an almost irritated tone to his voice as he pushes up onto his elbow. She stays as is, peering up with oval eyes as he comes to rest on his elbow by her side still. "I know you want to do this, okay? I know you do, Babe." His voice softening. "But I can see your not ready right now. That this isn't something casual for you, it's regaining that confidence, and that's not a process that happens here in an office or when you're feeling nervous. You're feeling nervous for a reason, and that reason has every right to be there. To halt things. Remember when in Vancouver I said that all fun stops when your fun stops, that is something that always applies. For anything."