Fifty Two: The Door

He found her sitting in her car in the parking lot after her lunch break, staring blankly across the concrete at nothing in particular.

Her hand was resting on her baby.

She was calm for one reason, and one reason alone. '

She refused to start a scene at her workplace. Inside that body of hers, a storm was brewing, and he wasn't making it any better by gracing her with his presence at the moment.

And it seemed he was in a great mood. He didn't even know.

Didn't know that Isaline had caught his lie, what he was hiding.

No clue that she was pissed-not immediately at least. .

No clue that she was even mad.

"Babe, get out the fucking car," Adrian greeted her as he pulled her roughly out of her seat before she could choose to obey or disobey. He was rough, and her pregnant belly bounced her off his flat one quickly, making him chuckle before he dropped to his knees, and lifted her shirt up, exposing her stomach to the crisp, spring air, "Sorry, baby. Daddy's missed your Mommy,"

Isa jolted as his cool lips met her warm skin, then stepped away from him after a couple of beats of silence, even as her heart warmed at his statement.

She never pulled away from Adrian and his touch, unless she was pissed, and that was what gave her away. Immediately, Adrian stood up, frowning in worry and confusion as he ran a hand over his long, curly hair, silver eyes shining as he did so.

"Oh, fuck. What did I do?"

A scowl slipped onto her pretty face as she pulled her cardigan against her body tightly, "What didn't you do, Adrian?"

He gave her a flat stare, and Isa watched as the gears creaked to life inside that pretty head of his, then started to come to life as he worked to remember if he had done anything to upset his woman in a while. They stared blankly at each other for minutes.

"Shit. I don't fucking know. Isa, don't play this cryptic shit. Tell me what's wrong so I can fix it."

She walked past him without a glance in his direction.

Mistake number one.

"Fuck you, Adrian," She snapped, not able to help herself as she stormed away from him at the quickest pace humanly possible.

Mistake number two.

She was wrenched back roughly, and hit the brick wall that was her...mate's chest with an inaudible thud, and couldn't help the tiny sliver of fear that ran through her as she was so unexpectedly manhandled.

Last time he had just grabbed her like that, she ended up in the hospital with burns. Adrian did scare her sometimes, and while she recognized that, she never questioned why she was with him in the first place. She knew that she should leave him at times, knew it would be best for... for the baby at certain points, but leaving wasn't an option.

It had never been one, and now she had an explanation as to why: they were mates. An explanation was all that she had wanted to begin with. She just wanted to know why she had such an inhuman attraction to this toxic man, who was the complete and utter opposite, at least on the exterior.

Adrian was just as sweet, if not more (sometimes) as Isa was, he was caring, he had a huge heart, but it was something about her that made him close off.

He didn't want to admit that he loved her.

He refused to tell her that they were mates.

Hell, he had made it even more personal, making up a second best, and selling it to her. Isa, felt like the biggest idiot, actually falling for that Tied bullshit. He probably thought she was the dumbest, most gullible woman on the green Earth.