Innocent Little Bambina

"I look like an old woman from the 1950's!" I snapped at Angelo, who only seemed to be getting happier and happier with every angry word I said towards him.

Obviously the hospital gown I was in didn't come with enough chicness, and Angelo wasn't going to take me to another clothing store. I wasn't small enough to fit in Dominica's clothes so that left me with one option and one option only.

Angelo's mom's clothes. She gave me a light blue, cotton Oxford shirt dress. I looked like a freaking housewife!

Dominica and I wore the same size show though so she gave me her most favorite pair of black converse. At least they looked nice.

"You're looking more and more like an Italian," Angelo puckered his lips and blew a fake kiss. I squinted my eyes, angry with him.

"I don't think I've ever wanted to kill you so badly before," I crossed my arms over my chest in a huff and sat down dramatically on the sofa.

"Well, my long awaited murder will have to wait because we have things to do today, criceto."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"We're flying back to New York."

Of course we are.

I'm starting to think it would kill him to stay in one city for more than a week.

+
+
+

I walked through some creepy warehouse behind Angelo and in between Dom and Luca. I had asked Luca on many occasions why we were here and if I was finally going to die, but he'd only tell me to be quiet.

It was weird to think so, but he looked terrified. Which meant that I most definitely should start thinking about feeling the same way very soon. It wasn't every day you'd get to see a mafia man afraid.

"We're meeting with the Rossi Family Under Boss," Dom said quietly, almost as if he felt bad about not being honest with me before.

"Ok, that's a whole lot of words I don't quite understand," I said back, equally as quiet.

"The Rossi Family. It's another branch of the Italian mafia. Sometimes they're our enemies, sometimes they're our allies. And the under boss is the person who...portrays himself or herself as the official boss just to keep the real one safe."

"Oh. What's the name of your branch of the mafia? And who's the under boss?"

"D'Amico Family, and it doesn't matter because you haven't met him anyway. Now, you should really be quiet, gattina," he said as we walked into a large open area, numerous men in fancy suits standing around, chatting amongst themselves.

There was one person totally out of place though. It was a girl, she could have easily been in her mid twenties, with curly brown hair and a tan complexion. She wore a tight black mini dress with a leather jacket and black pumps.

I'll bet my dad's millions she's Italian.

"Ah, you actually showed up," she said, a strong Italian twang leaking through her few words. She approached Angelo, stopping only a few inches away from him. "I missed you, cara carissima," her bright red lips hovered over Angelo's.

My eyes went wide as I turned to face Luca, "Angelo has a girlfriend?!"

"Shush! No."

"Who's this?" Her attention peeled away from Angelo in a nanosecond and was quickly focused on me. "I thought the D'Amico's didn't allow women to join their borgata. That's why I left, after all," she stopped in front of me, analyzing every visible inch of my body. "You're that missing girl, aren't you? The millionaire's daughter?"

I nodded, thinking that if I opened my mouth, she'd shoot me. I guess I see why Luca looked so scared now. This girl was rather intimidating.

"Why haven't you turned her in? She has a nice little reward posted. I'd kill to get that kind of money. What's your name?"

"Chloe."

"Chloe," she repeated, "I'm Italia Rosa de Rossi, it's nice to meet you." She gave off a fake kindness, almost as if she pitied me for some unknown reason.

"Likewise," I said, remaining totally poker faced. I don't think I like her.

"Your clothes are...less than desirable. She dresses like your dear mommy, Angelo. I think I've even seen her wear a dress similar to that very one."

Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.

I knew I should've kept that hospital gown on.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Italia," Angelo said, taking a few steps to be in line with us. "She has a fiery temper at times and it looks like you're pushing the limits. She's a fierce little gattina," he looked amused which only angered me further.

"Yeah, you both are hilarious. We know," I rolled my eyes, "I'd like to leave now so...if you'd both shut up and do whatever needs to be done that'd be great. Thanks."

"Luca, take her out to the car," Angelo said.

"Will do," Luca grabbed my arm and started to pull me away. I had to hop a few times to regain my balance. The pain pills I had taken a couple hours ago for my leg were starting to wear off and walking had become a difficult task.

"Luca," I stopped walking and pulled my arm away from his death grip, "I can't walk anymore," I held my arms out like a little girl who wanted to be carried. "My leg hurts really really bad."

He gave me a look before scooping me into his arms, "Do you make Angelo do this to, or is it just me?"

"It's not just you. I made him carry me to the bathroom a couple times," I wrapped my arms around his neck just to be extra safe, "Who's Italia exactly? What is she to you?"

"You really aren't that smart are you?"

"And you're really not that nice. I mean, it looked like her and Angelo kinda had something even if it almost looked dead. Did they used to date? She said something about women not being in the D'Amico Family. What'd she mean by that?"

He sighed, "Well, like three years ago, Angelo and Italia...dated...if you wanna call it that. It had a hell of a lot of problems though if you ask me. She got really close to the Family and all of a sudden she thought she was entitled to join. Angelo's dad Mr. D'Amico, the boss at the time, denied her request and she left. Her dad runs the Rossi Family anyway. I don't know why she wanted to be a part of us so bad, 'cause honestly being with Angelo didn't seem like a good enough reason for her to want to join at the time. I think she had a different motive. Now she's the under boss though, so we're all fucked."

"Yikes," I bit my lip, "So why are we here?"

"Dumb shit Lorenzo crossed the god damn line again. He stole from Rossi property and now we're facing repercussions if they don't get their money back. Angelo doesn't like paying money though, so some shit's probably gonna go down in the coming months."

Lorenzo really was good for nothing. I guess he was good at turning sister's against each other though if you wanna count that, "Do you know what he stole?"

"Nothing an innocent little gattina should be hearing about," he set me down gently right in front of the limo.

"Drugs?" I asked.

"Smart girl. Or lucky guess?"

"I'm not as innocent as I look, Luca."

"Ha. Funny too. You're one of the most innocent girl's I've ever met, Chloe. I'll bet you a million dollars that if I were to start talking about my sex life, you'd freak the fuck out and cover your ears like the innocent little bambina that you are."

I'll give him that one. I don't want to hear about anyone's sex life. That's grotty. "Fine. You win."

"Your innocence amuses me."

"Alright!" I snapped, "I get it, I'm an innocent little bambina," I mocked his italian-ness. "Geez."

+
+
+

Hey everyone!

How are you enjoying the story so far?

Leave me a comment and don't forget to vote.