Make A Wish

This chapter is dedicated to jfliwlxx!

Chapter 20: Make a wish

Will’s P.O.V

Life has been getting weird lately especially since I moved to Tampa. First, a elder come to visit me, which is something really rare. Second, I find out that I have to go against a heartbreaker that destroyed 6 cupids before me. Third, I’m starting to feel things I don’t understand.

It all started a few weeks back, where I realized that my heart beated faster at some times then other. This mostly happened when I was around Lena, but I didn’t understand why. It’s not like my heart was beating fast because of fear or adrenaline. It was different then that.

Yesterday, it was the worst though. There was a moment when Lena and I were looking at each other that I could feel like there was a link between us, but then she pulled away and it disappeared. I asked myself multiple times what may have caused this increase in heart rhythm, but I knew no emotion that could explain it.

‘Maybe I’m sick’, I thought to myself.

I wanted to ignore it, but it wasn’t easy seeing how much it had been happening lately. I had wondered if I should ask Lena about it, but she would probably laugh about it. Kim was probably the best solution seeing how she understood me quiet well.

My attention shifted from my heartbeat problems to the couple in front of me as I was walking through the hallway. They were holding hands and the guy whispered something in the girl’s ear. She laughed loudly which earned her the attention from everyone in the hallway. The couple was Kitty and Dixon. It looked like they had been able to work it all out, and I was sincerely happy for them. Dixon glanced backwards and when he noticed me he came towards me.

“Hey!” He said as he thumped me on the back. “Thanks so much, man.”

“Don’t mention it. The whole thing was just a misunderstanding from what I heard.”

“Yeah it was.” Kitty admitted with a rueful smile directed towards Dixon.

“Anyways Will. We wanted to repay Lena and you for helping us.”

My throat went dry. Lena had no idea about this while thing. How was I going to explain to her that she ‘helped’ Kitty and Dixon without knowing it?

“And how were you planning to repay us?” I asked slowly.

“What about dinner?” Kitty suggested.

A brilliant idea came to my mind. “What do you think about next Friday? We have a double date planned for then, and with you it would make a triple date.”

Kitty and Dixon glanced at each other and smiled. “That’s good for us.” Dixon said.

“Great!” I said relieved. “And could you guys maybe not talk to Lena about her helping you out? She’s kind of shy and modest about it, and doesn’t like to talk about it.” I explained.

“Ehm… sure.” Kitty started. “But shouldn’t we thank her again?”

“No no no! Bad idea.” I said hurriedly. “She… she’ll take it… as an insult! She hates it when people thank her. She’s weird like that.” I tried.

Kitty and Dixon looked doubtful about if what I said is true. “Well… if you’re sure…” Dixon said slowly.

“Yes, I’m sure! Got to go! I have class.” I said quickly so I could get away fast.

I started walking in the direction I came from until I realized that I needed to go the other way. As I passed Dixon and Kitty again they looked at me strangely. “My class is that way.” I said with a sheepish smile as I pointed towards where I was walking.