Chapter 2

A smirking blonde she-wolf stood in my doorway, her hands on her black leather-clad hips as she stared at me. Two male shifters accompanied her on each side. I growled at her as my canines extended. She just continued to smirk as the two other shifters moved forward to grab my arms.

I kicked at them but ultimately stopped thrashing, needing to figure out why they had come here. My wolf was growling at me to let her out but I wanted to know why they had attacked and I couldn't do that in wolf form. I began to study the shifters holding me, analysing the exact points I'd have to strike in order to grant myself freedom in case things got out of control. She walked over to stand right in front of me. Her cold blue eyes pierced mine. "Why did you attack us?" I demanded.

Her hand reared back before she smacked me across the face. "I'll ask the questions, here." She bit out; irritation clear in her voice. "Why did the Alpha keep you here? Are you his mate?" She asked as she grabbed my chin and turned me to face her.

I just stared at her, refusing to answer. One of the other shifters squeezed my wrist hard, no doubt causing a bruise. I refused to cry out, much to her disappointment. She slapped me again. "Answer me! Are you his mate?" When I didn't answer, one of the shifters bruised my other wrist. "Next time, I'll tell them to break it!" She shrieked, obviously annoyed at my silence. "Are you his mate?" She demanded.

I just stared at her with a dead pan expression. My wolf was thrashing inside me at the thought of being threatened by this she-wolf. I took a deep breath through my nose and noticed that odd smell again. I realised with a jolt that it was on all of them. A bigger surprise was that it calmed my wolf a little. I took a few more lung full's just to be sure, my wolf now absolutely calm.

"Come on Jen; let's just bring her back to Alpha Logan. He'll know how to get the information out of her." That name is familiar. I thought to my wolf. Jake has mentioned it before. She told me, sounding somewhat dazed. A memory from when Jake had been trying to get me to learn up on all the packs around our area slipped into my mind. He'd told me that there was one that was especially dangerous; the Blood Moon pack, the most powerful pack on this side of the world.

They had over six hundred shifters lead by one of the most ruthless Alphas' in the world; Alpha Logan. The pack hadn't always been that big, it started out with a little more than three hundred members, but the number quickly increased when Alpha Logan took over from his father a few years ago. In the span of those years, their members managed to double in number because they took over other packs like they were doing now.

I'd never met Alpha Logan; neither has Jake. Our territory was right next to theirs but it wasn't really odd that we've never met the Alpha as every pack feared Blood Moon. Many say that he loves to torture his captives for information and that he's never flinched when having to kill. Even his torture techniques are well known but I've never really bothered to pay attention to the gossip as I never thought it would be relevant. Right now, I really regretted that decision.

When we stepped out through the front doors I spotted a few black SUV's parked in the yard. Instead of taking the cars, they dragged me into the forest. "Where are we going?" I demanded. Jen stopped in her tracks and turned to face me.

"I thought I'd already told you princess. I'm asking the questions here!" She said, raising her hand to hit me again. I didn't flinch when her hand flew towards my face. A few millimetres from my skin, her hand halted, a distracted look entering her eyes, I recognised it; it was the look we all got when receiving a message from another wolf through the mind link all packs had. The message was short as the look passed after only a few seconds. She turned to the two goons holding me. "Come on, Alpha Logan is already on his way here." My heart rate spiked with fear at her words.