four.

I lightly brushed my finger over a spot on my collar bone that was purple. I dropped my hand and sighed, examining my whole appearance in the bathroom mirror. I removed the towel that sat wrapped on top of my head, letting my wet hair topple over my shoulders. I stepped into the hallway, making my way to the kitchen, Liz making it apparent she was in there as I heard pots clanging.
"What the hell are you doing?" I lightly laughed at the sight. She was in her underwear sitting on the floor, pots and pans surrounding her. "Trying to decide which one is big enough for what I'm making later tonight," she never looked up at me, her eyes glued to the pan she was examining in her hands, "Speaking of big enough, was George big enough?" My cheeks turned pink as she stood up, smirking at me, pot still in hand. "We didn't do anything, why aren't you wearing pants?" I looked down at her pink underwear that her white baggy shirt barely covered. "Don't change the subject on me Giovanna," she bent down, picking up pots and pans and placing them back into their cabinet. "Don't call me that, and we didn't even do anything," I sighed, launching myself up to sit on the counter. "Why was your bra off then?" She coos as she closes the cabinet, picking up the two pans she's left behind. I twirled a piece of my wet hair, not wanting to tell her. "We, ugh, I don't like this term...we dry humped," I held my breath as she shot up from bending over, "Gia! I never knew you were so capable of such obscenities!" Liz laughed as she placed her pans onto the stove. I blushed, but furrowed my eyebrows. "But?" Liz asked, seeing the expression on my face. "I don't remember how we got on this topic but I started telling him about Jake and I killed the moment by sobbing and he just held me and I guess we fell asleep," I shrugged as Liz stood in front of me, her hands placed on my knees. "Gigi, that guy was a piece of shit. You deserve way better and you know it," Liz looked up at me sadly. "I don't want to talk about this," I bit my lip, trying to suppress memories of him. Liz sighed as she walked back to the stove, "Hey," she turned back to me looking confused, "Have you seen my plate of cookies?" I laughed now, as she questioned me. "I think you and Matty ate them after you two finished going at it like rabbits," I hopped off the counter, grabbing a bag of fruit snacks from the cabinet that was previously behind me. "You know, he's quite good, like he does this thing where he grabs-" "Liz!" I shouted, which only made her laugh. I checked my phone for the hundredth time today it seemed but to no surprise, I still hadn't had any texts or calls. "It's kind of weird though, sleeping with the singer of one of my favorite bands. I feel like a fucking groupie," Liz rambled on as she looked in the fridge. "Hellooo," the familiar Irish accent called out from the front of the flat. "Emmie!" Liz and I called out at the same time as the short pink haired girl stepped into the kitchen. Her real name was Emma but we all had multiple nick names for each other. "How's my favorite Americans?" Emma grinned as she set a brown paper bag and her keys onto the counter. "I'm not American," Liz groaned as she grabbed some vegetables from the fridge. Lizzie was British but Emma always made fun of her because I rubbed off on Liz the most with us living together. She picked up a lot of things I said. Emma sat next to me on the counter, "So what have my babies been up to?"
"Fucking rock stars," Liz called nonchalantly as she chopped onions. "Sign me up for that hooley next time, yeah?" She hopped off the counter, skimming the fridge, finally settling for a beer. "Maybe you did but I didn't. We just...messed around," I sighed, chipping my nail polish off my fingers. Emma quickly slammed the fridge shut, turning to face us, "You were being fookin serious? I-I'm gobsmacked," she shouted now, a big grin on her face. "Is gobsmacked a good thing?" I mumbled to Liz, who only laughed. "The singer and the drummer of The 1975," Liz bragged, throwing the onions into the pan. Emma squealed loudly now, I had to cover my ears. "Look, they were doing what they do best. They hit it and quit it," I sighed, hopping of the counter, pulling out the bottle from the brown paper bag Emmie brought. "But you didn't hit it," Liz remarked. "You know what I fucking meant, Lizzie," I rolled my eyes, grabbing a cup and pouring myself a glass of wine. "Puss-face," Emma mumbled as she took the bottle from my hand. I flipped her off as I took a sip of wine. I was in this pissy mood due to thinking about Jake, and I was slightly upset George hadn't called or at least texted. I trudged to my room as Liz went into details about how last night at the club went down, Emma totally intrigued. I loved both Lizzie and Emmie to death, but I wasn't up for their witty personalities at the moment. I laid down on my mattress, wincing as something harshly dug into my back. I pushed myself up, grabbing whatever had jabbed me, slightly smiling, seeing it was the cookie plate. I thought about George and the way he kissed my neck. Quite a good kisser, a very good kisser. Then my thoughts trailed off to Jake.
I remember first meeting him when I had just moved to London. He was charming, having a way with words, doing the simplest things like taking me out to dinner, bringing me flowers. I liked him, a lot. I loved him. He loved me, at least he said he did. I started noticing he became clingy and it all just went downhill from there. Liz started noticing my bruises, but my excuse was it got a little rough in bed, which she only believe for a bit until she witnessed it. We were at a party and he thought we were alone. My eyes welled up as I thought back to Liz once she confronted me about it the next day.
"Gia, oh my god," she was crying loudly, shaking with each sob, she couldn't look at me anymore. I slowly pulled my shirt back down. She called the police that afternoon when he showed up at our flat we lived at before this one. After that I thought I was done seeing him, I had to face him in court. He's sentenced to five years. This was only two months ago.
I wiped my tears away and sat up on my bed. My phone vibrated, a smile breaking out as I read the message.
Jacket guy:
sorry for sneaking out like that, just got out of practice, wanna grab a bite? xx
***
[I hope you guys are enjoying this story, sorry if it's a little slow right now but this chapter I wanted you get a little glimpse of Gia's friends and her past. Feedback would be nice! Thanks for reading! Xx]