Chapter 1~ Prologue

The arc of American history almost inevitably moves toward freedom. Whether it's Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation, the expansion of women's rights or, now, gay rights, I think there is an almost-inevitable march toward greater civil liberties.

~James McGreevey~

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Why can't you just tell them?" I growled out. A hand running through my jet black hair. We were having the same fight we always had. The only thing we took seriously when we fought over it. Her parents not knowing she was Bisexual.

"I would hurt them so much. You just don't understand!" Her voice raised in distress.

"And you're hurting me by not telling them!" She flinched at my slightly raised voice, knowing just how angry I could get. I huffed out a breath and grabbed my leather jacket. My anger boiling profoundly through me. I knew I would hit something soon, and I didn't want to do damage to her or to her home.

"You know that's not what I meant, Sam." She whispered this time, it became quiet in the room. A sniffle from her every now and then.

"Whatever." My voice came out in a hiss. I turned away as she raised her head to look at me. Tears beginning to gather in her eyes. It always ended with her tears.

"Sam, wait." She pleaded, grabbing my forearm. Her voice broke, and caused me to freeze. There was nothing I wanted more than to turn around and hold her. To run my hands through her dirty blonde hair. Make her feel better, no matter how long it took. I couldn't let her win this time. I had to put my foot down.

"No, Rose. Not this time." I jerked my arm away from her grasp and walked out of her room. Slamming it in the process. I slammed her front door as well. I revved my Harley's engine and speed down the street. The sound breaking through the silence of the night. The leather jacket got cold in the wind and gave my body a chance to calm down. In a rush to leave her house I forgot to put on my helmet. The wind pelted my face and left stings of pain in its wake. I slowed down as I approached the outskirts of town, where the lake was. A single Willow hanging over the water. I put down my kick stand and walked over to the tree. Every couple, rich or not, would come and carve their name on the bark. Except us. If we carved our names on this tree, all hell would break loose. I gritted my teeth in anger and pulled my fist back, punching the tree. Over and over again. Until the pain started to kick in. I probably just broke my hand. I gave the tree one last kick before I sat under it. My arms resting on my knees and my head tilted back against the tree. I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw to stop the pain.

"I thought I'd find you here." Came a voice to my right. I didn't even need to look to notice it was my older brother, Max.

"Yeah?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice my Impala." He said softly.

"I have a lot on my mind. Give me a break." I whispered.

"Did you and Rose fight again?" He questioned, looking down at my hand. I felt my lips quiver and I clenched my jaw harder.

"Yeah." I said through gritted teeth.

"Samantha..." Max pulled me into a hug, I buried my head into his chest and hugged back tighter. He was the only who has the right to call me by my full name. He was my twin after all. I resisted for as long as I could but my tears finally fall. He rubbed my back soothingly. We were very close, since he's the only one to see me break down like this. And I loved him with a third of my heart. Rose had the other two thirds. And that scared me, because what would I do if she left me...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

So I'm giving this a try :3 tell me what you think!!!
~H~