chapter 3: What I Witnessed

Kristy's POV:

I'm sitting by the fire, stretching my tight muscles before a run, when I hear my father mutter something.

"What was that?" I ask.

"This hunter I called hasn't gotten back to me yet."

"Okay. Maybe he's hunting?"

"Maybe he's dead."

"Nice dad," I reply jumping to my feet.

I look at the whiskey in his hands dubiously as I bend over at the waist to finish my warm up.

"Now don't you you say nothin' about my drinking when your just as bad as me," he grumbles.

"I eat healthier than you. And I'm younger. And I don't drink 24/7 dad."

He sends me glare. I roll my eyes as I stand upright.

"I just worry about you, daddy, that's all."

"You should be worring about yourself girl. I'm worried about you."

"Why?"

"Something's changed. Something's wrong with you."

I shrug as I head toward the front door.

"No clue dad. My problems don't really matter right now though."

With that, I'm out the door, my feet grinding the gravel into dust. I start my pace slow so that I can fiddle with my ipod and get my good running track started. Then I kick it into higher gear. I'm thinking. Running has always been when I think best.

It's 4:30 AM and now is no exception to the rule. I think about Hell first. God was is it scary. It was painful...I can still feel the torture sometimes. Now that I'm running, it's easier to face it. I died and I was tortured in Hell. I give my head a brief shake, telling myself to move on.

Castiel. He's an angel. At least, we think he is. No demon is able to get into dreams like that. Not possible. And demons don't have that piercing screech. He must be an angel. From what Dean told me, it all fits. It's the only creature we got that could possibly pull a soul-or two-from Hell like that.

And there's something else. Hell did something to me-or maybe it was Castiel. I'm different. I'm not completely human anymore. I don't know why, or how completely, but I'm different.

And that's proven when I come out of my reverie to look around. I'm out of city limits. I'd automatically run the entire town-I could tell from the feeling in my legs that told me I'd put on some milage already. But now I was cruising down the highway. But I was way faster than usual...like full on sprint...at like, 45 miles per hour.

When I passed a park bench, I ignored the strange impulse that came over me. But when I passed another, it was stronger, and adrenaline shot through my veins. When I passed a picnic table, I couldn't stop myself, I ran toward it and sprunf off the ground.

I cleared the table with about two yards to spare. That wouldn't have been interesting...except I'd jumped over it the LONG way. I stared behind me, feeling my face grow pale. I didn't know who to call: Sam, Dean, my dad?

I can't even imagine their faces if I told them. And if I told them about the picnic table, I would end up telling them about my strange ability to speak to Castiel's 'true voice'. I don't want Dean to look at me any different than he does now. There is no way I'm contacting my brother to figure this out.

So who do I call in my state of semi-panic?

"Uh...Castiel? Can you come down here and help me out?"