Ch.68 - Misconstrued Deceit

A nice picture posted with this chapter to make up for the oncoming onslaught of overbearing words.

Enjoy!

Misconstrued Deceit completed July 30th. Uploaded September 21st 2015.
_____________________________________________________

The word havoc can be interpreted in by a multitude of different representations; A hurricane ripping through a city, lives of people, of utter chaos and catastrophe, but maybe, maybe it's not too much of a powerful word to describe the rustling of bodies twisting on the floor. The sound of a fathers tempered fist unrelenting in it's haste to hit justice square in the features of Charlotte's beloved professor.

For one millisecond, one millisecond too long after she had tumbled to the floor, does she stare with a gaped mouth. Prone as she witnesses Robert's face snapping to the side with another hit. One hand blindly trying to block the pending punches rapidly thrown at him. Twisting away as his other arm lay trapped under Jerry's knee, pinned into submission as another cracking sound hits, bone hitting bone.

Something inhuman rolls off her tongue, anguished and shocked as she finally gets under herself, all but launching at her fathers fists. A tight feeling in her chest, squeezing her heart into a deadly rhythm of ache and terror.

Barely does she register her mothers condescending words, full of hatred and pushing Charlotte away from where she lands yanking with all her might at Jerry's arms and midsection, trying to free Robert.

Her sweater tears as she tries to dislodge the flying blow to Robert's handsome face and he's trying to speak, trying to reason but Jerry's words over power, unrelenting ad crazed and nothing makes sense because Terry isn't helping to free Robert, she's angry at him, yelling at him and Charlotte too. "We know Charlotte, we finally know and now you're gone! Get out of my house!"

Molly's shrieking and crying, terrified by it all and looking with round eyes between what's happening between the men on the floor and mom telling Charlotte to leave.

"You think we wouldn't find out--" And suddenly as Charlottes about to resort to pulling at her own fathers neck, there's another mans hands on her own body accompanied by Teresa's words. "You can stop defending him because we know and you're gone and he's gone. Just get out!"

Charlotte kicks at the person behind her and its Don, "Get off of me!" Wriggling away from him as he all but drags and tosses her towards the exit. Seeing red as that fucking bastard finally comes into view--immediately rooted back to that day in the office, Robert a constant warmth at her back, exampling the cross and jab of a proper hit, to keep agile on her stance--and with memory playing in her vision her knuckles flame in pain with the very particular sound of fists hitting a face, not stopping as she swings out her left leg and Don's cursing in pain as he crumples to the floor. "You dare touch Molly again and--"

"Charlotte how could you!" Terry yells with an angry gaze, aiding her brother with his newly bloody nose, but she doesn't hear it because Robert's got one hand up trying to push at the body and hands strangling him.

"Dad get off of him!" And she dives past her uncle and mother, roughly yanking at Jerry's arms does she finally hear the words spouting from her fathers lips. "He hasn't done anything!"

"I am going to kill you! I believed you over them. Trusted you weren't what you are, but you are. You fucking are!"

Don lied, he lied and now Robert's taking the hits when they should be hitting her uncle. It's so messed up, resorting to full strength as she yanks and pushes her father back away from Robert. Her heart shattering cause Robert's eyes are looking at her, face red and violently trying to throw his weight up to get Jerry off, but the elder man is persistent in both his own pained yelling and unrelenting violence.