Chapter Forty

[A/N]: Ugh, science will be the death of me! I am so glad that i don't have to take it next year! >.< 

Anyway, there's SEVEN CHAPTERS LEFT!

And oh, I just posted another new story called "Winter Sonata" and it would be greatly appreciated if you guys would support me with that story! It's slightly different from what I've written on Wattpad so far but seriously, I'm really excited about it. And if you guys give me some of your thoughts on that story, I'll update TWO chapters the next time I update... deal? :D

So yeah.

Vote. Comment. Fan? :3

kelly_1231

Chapter Forty

VINCENT'S POV:

Ever After had worked with many music producers before but the one music producer that we always seemed to be working with most of the times was the music producer who discovered us in the first place and offered us a recording deal for the record label that he owned. His name was Blaze Carter and I hadn't seen him since last month when we recorded a new version of Ever After's single 'Say Something'. He was famous before he even signed Ever After onto his record label but let's just say, it was because of my band that his career expanded. I mean, all these unknown bands were coming to him for a chance of fame but with Blaze, there was always particular sound he was looking for and that was why he preferred to search for new upcoming bands instead of them searching for him.

          Right now, Blaze was flying back and forth from his recording studio in New York City and Toronto to find some new bands who he could sign onto his record label and one of his searches was at this old warehouse where Ever After competed in this thing called The Battle of The Bands.

          Though my band lost two years in a row, this was the place Blaze had found our video and invited us to come to New York City to visit him. And since this is where a lot of great bands came out to play, Blaze wanted my help in finding "the next big thing", which meant I had to fly all the way from Los Angeles to Toronto for one night only before catching the next flight tomorrow morning.

          The warehouse was hot and stuffy but because I had been performing in the exact same condition for more than two years, I was use to it. I was even wearing my gray sweater with my hoodie pulled over my head so nobody could recognize who I was. Blaze on the other hand, a man in his late thirties, was simply wearing a leather jacket, a snapback on his head, and sunglasses over his eyes. He looked absolutely ridicules but this was his "disguise". Any band looking for a chance of a recording deal would know exactly who he was if even dared show his face. Usually, the man would just be wearing a white button-shirt and washed out jeans.

          "Thanks for coming out, man," Blaze shouted over the loud music that was coming from the stage. Currently, a metal-rock band was playing and the male singer was literally screaming into the microphone while everybody began rocking out to it. My ears cringed a little just because the volume was so loud but in normal circumstances, I would have been okay with the screaming. Blaze, on the other hand, was not too fond of 'too much' screaming.

          "No problem," I shouted back. 

          Blaze nodded towards the band up on stage. "What do you think of them?" He shouted.

          I shrugged. "The vocalist is really good but I'm not too sure about the guitarists... they rhythm is so.... off. I don't know, it's like they don't what they're doing-- they look so awkward up on that stage," I shouted in Blaze's ear.