Chapter 12.

It takes a moment to remember where I am when I wake up. The horrible party and the even worse night floods into my memory and I groan as I climb out of bed. Steph is still passed out, I might as well let her sleep while I find out how we are getting back to the dorms. I put my shoes on and unlock the door. Should I knock on Hardin's door or try and find Nate? Is Nate even part of the frat? I would never guessed that Hardin is so maybe Nate is too. The hallway is empty and surprisingly clean despite the party last night. I have to step over sleeping bodies as I make my way downstairs.

"Nate?" I call, hoping to hear a reply. There are at least twenty five people sleeping in the living room alone. The floor is littered with red cups and trash. When I reach the kitchen I try to force myself not to clean it up. This will take the whole frat house all day to clean up after this party. I would love to see Hardin cleaning up all this trash, as the thought goes through my head I stifle a giggle.

"What's so funny?" I turn around and of course Hardin is entering the kitchen, a trash bag in his hand. He sweeps his arm over the counter top, making the cups fall into the trash bag.

"Nothing.. does Nate live here too?' He ignores me and continues to clean up. He must be the only one awake and cleaning. Good, he deserves to have to clean this whole mess up. "Does he?" I ask again, more impatient this time. "The sooner you tell me if Nate lives here, the sooner I can leave,"

"Now you have my attention, but no he doesn't live here. Does he seem like a frat boy to you?" He smirks.

"No, but neither do you," I snap and his jaw tenses.

He ignores my comment and continues to clean. "Is there a bus that runs close to here?" I ask, not expecting an answer.

"Yep, well its about a block away,"

"Could you tell me where it is?"

"It is not that hard to find," the corners of his mouth lift, taunting me.

I roll my eyes and walk out of the kitchen. Hardin's momentary lack of rude comments last night was obviously a one time thing and he was coming at me full force today. After the night I had I can't stand to be around him. I wake up Steph and we walk downstairs.

"Hardin said there is a bus stop around the block," I tell her and she laughs.

"No way we are not taking the bus, he will drive us back. He was probably just giving you a hard time," she says, her hand resting on my shoulder. "Hardin, you ready to take us back now? My head is pounding," 

"Yeah, sure just give me a minute," he says and I scoff. At least he is nice to Steph, I wonder how long they have been friends.

During the drive back to the dorms Steph sings along to whatever metal song is playing through the speakers and Hardin rolls all the windows down. Despite my pleas to roll them up. He stays silent the whole way, mindlessly drumming his long fingers against the steering wheel.

"Ill come by later Steph," he tells her as she climbs out of the passenger seat. She nods and waves as I open my door.

"Bye Theresa," he smirks and I roll my eyes and follow her into the dorm.