17. his shirt and sleeping over.

So my bb (future wife) sarena_a finished NANO, guys. She's so sweet and perfect, and way too underrated so if you could check her out..?

Seriously, if you like my short stories and teen fiction, you'll love hers. She's amazing and talented and just GO CHECK HER OUT PLEASE AND TELL HER TY SENT YOU.

(Important author's note at the bottom)

| 17. | his shirt and sleeping over.

"Oli, get your ass up and ready, Logan'll be here in five!"

And that's the heavenly message I woke up to on Thursday morning accompanied by a banging on the whit wooden door. My jaw was aching and there were arms wrapped around my waist as I rubbed at my face, frantically reaching for my phone first. Where is it, where is it?

And when I saw that it was quarter to seven am, my eyes widened as I looked around, catching onto a football on a black polished desk. His book shelf was stacked with books -mostly hardcover- and there was a forest green comforter enveloping my body. And to say I was happy to see that history hadn't repeated itself and I was actually wearing clothes, was the understatement of the century.

"Fuck."

Having no one but myself to blame, I internally cursed Ceaser Finnigan, the only guy who'd have a party on a Wednesday night.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I muttered as I watched my phone die in my hands. I was dead with it considering the fact that I didn't go home the night before and my parents would strangle me if they noticed.

"Oli!" I heard Elliot's voice, snapping me back into reality as I looked over at Oliver's sleeping figure. His bruised and healing lips were parted slightly as he softly snored, long eyelashes resting peacefully as his hair laid a mess on top of his head.

But scanning his face, I cringed at the bruises that looked way worse than before, his nose slightly swelling and it developing a purple-ish tint. He probably should've gotten it checked out.

I didn't want to wake him but shaking his body vigorously, I found myself flicking him multiple times until his beautiful eyes popped open. And that made me forget about the night before.

"Emerson?" He questioned as he yawned, rubbing at his eyes cutely... Meanwhile, I probably looked like a one night stand gone wrong. And then he seemed to actually process what was going on, "What the fuck?"

"Exactly what I was thinking!" I yelled out, hurrying to get out of his bed in my too-short dress, "please tell me they left my overnight bag," I murmured more to myself as I walked out of his room, Oliver still laying in a confused mess on his bed.

And as soon as I made it to their tastefully decorated living room, I'd seen my bag... Without a shirt.

The only thing I'd had were flats and skinny jeans shoved into my book bag. I'd been in such a haste the night before, I thrown my shirts in Kat's car, ignoring the fact that they weren't in my bag.

"Fuck."

"Oli, your girlfriend is seducing me!"

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my jeans and flats, making it past Elliot who'd whistled at me. Thankfully the bathroom door was open as I made my way in, grabbing makeup wipes that were most likely their mom's.

After I decided that my makeup-free face was as much as the school was getting that day, I thanked the lord that my dark circles weren't bad and the bruise on my chin wasn't that dark as I inspected it.

I stripped out of my dress, sliding my jeans on and pulling my hair up with the hair tie that was always on my wrist and combing my fingers through my ponytail, nearly crying at the fact that I was half-black with my mother's hair... And water wouldn't fix my knotted mess, especially since it was straightened from the night before and wet curls were way worse when you had no time.