Chapter 20

Skyli's POV

I couldn't stay still as we sat in the coffee shop waiting for Marble to get back with Gracie. Wyatt was only laughing at me.

"Relax, Sky," Wyatt said, pulling me into his side and kissing me head. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to bounce my leg.

"I can't. I miss my baby," I said. He only chuckled and held my hand in his. Finally, Aunt Marbles entered the coffee shop and I shot out of my seat to meet her halfway. I plucked Grace off of her hip and kissed her head repeatedly, making her giggle and squeal. I laughed and set Gracie on my hip as I looked at Marbles.

"Thank you. How was she?" I asked as we walked back to the table.

"Momma," Gracie said slowly. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I'm right here, baby," I smiled proudly. Wyatt's eyebrows shot up as he looked at Gracie. I could tell he was shocked and surprised by her first word but he was trying to reign in his excitement. Gracie's hands reached up to play with my face as I turned my attention back to Marbles.

"Well, she cried a li at first. I think she missed you, but after a while she settled down. I couldn't get her to sit still for my life," she laughed. Marbles went on to explain everything that happened during the week. After a few cups of coffee and a hundred stories later, we parted ways. Gracie was out cold by the time we entered the house. I dressed her in her pajamas. She woke up and immediately started crying.

"I got it," Wyatt said, coming into the room and kissing my head before I passed Gracie to him. He smiled gently as she rested her head against his chest and went back to sleep. I couldn't help myself. I pushed up on my toes and pecked him gently.

"I'm going to put her in her crib and I'll be back," he whispered. He went to put her down and I took the opportunity to get dressed for bed. I sighed and thought about yesterday. I wanted to give in to Wyatt last night more than ever but I couldn't. Not yet. I trusted him but I wasn't ready yet. But if it was anyone, I wanted it to be Wyatt.

"You ready for bed?" he asked. I nodded and kissed him slowly. I laid him down and brought him with me, quickly making myself comfortable curled up on top of him. I placed a soft kiss on his neck and smiled gently.

"You're the best, you know that?" I muttered into his neck. He only chuckled and kissed my head.

"Careful Sky," he warned playfully. I knew what he was talking about and it wouldn't be my first time he got a little excited. I giggled and rolled off of him and on to my side.

"Sorry," I apologized. He only kissed my shoulder.

"It's okay," he muttered. "I love you," he whispered. I laced my fingers with his and snuggled closer to him.

"I love you too," I smiled.

Wyatt's POV

I loved waking up with Skyli in my arms, but it was good to wake up to Grace's crying again. I couldn't believe how much I missed that. I yawned and rolled out of the bed to go get her. She was wailing. She was probably hungry. I quickly changed her dirty diaper and went down to the kitchen to find her something to eat. I found a can of baby food and began to feed her. A few minutes later, Skyli came downstairs in my shirt and kissed my cheek and Gracie's before moving to the fridge.

"Omelets or pancakes?" she asked. I put another spoonful of food in Gracie's mouth before turning some of my attention to Skyli.

"Omeletes," I said. She pulled out the ingredients and began to cook as I finished feeding Gracie. I moved Gracie to her swing chair where we could see her as we ate. Skyli smiled as she glanced at Gracie.

"It's good to have her back," Skyli said. I smiled lightly and took a bite of my omelete.

"I missed our little girl," I agreed. We finished eating before Skyli plucked Gracie out of the swinger and played with her. I turned on the television and just relaxed on the couch. Skyli blew raspberries on Grace's stomach as they Landon the playmat. I missed this. It felt like the whole family was back together. Gracie was our missing piece. Eventually, Skyli picked up Gracie and sat on the couch with me. Gracie crawled over into my lap and laid her head against me as her small hands balled my shirt. She made small noises as if she were trying to talk.

"5 months old," I sighed. She was a smart baby. I didn't know any other 5 month olds that had already said their first word.

"What do you want to do for New Year's?" Sky asked me.

"I think I have to work, but I don't think I will on Christmas," I said. "So Christmas I'll spend here with my girls and then if you want, we can ask Marbles if she'll babysit Gracie and you could stay in the booth with me for New Year's." I suggested. Sky only sighed and looked at Gracie.

"I don't want to talk about leaving her again just yet. I just got her back," Sky said, smoothing Grace's hair back gently. Gracie protested and turned her head the other way. I only chuckled.

"She's such a daddy's girl," Sky said, rolling her eyes. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her head.

"I love you," I muttered into her hair. She turned and kissed my cheek.

"I love you too," she smiled.