Chapter#17

Mahnoor's POV:

After Fajar prayer, I lay back on my bed, closing my eyes. I wasn't planning on sleeping but I couldn't fight myself after putting my head on the soft pillow. I've always had this strange attraction toward pillows... softy pillows... That's why I had six different sized pillows on my bed. Ami specially bought them for me... Ami... I miss you... I miss you, Papa... I miss you my Bhai...

Tears started flowing from my eyes. I grabbed the other pillow and hugged it tight and soon sleep took over me.

I woke up with the feeling of warm fingers touching my left cheek. They weren't soft as Ami's.

Papa...???

Straightaway I opened my eyes only to gasp at the second moment when I saw Moosa hovering over my face. I turned my face away from his hand and covered my face with the pillow to create a wall between us. Suddenly I felt my pillow getting heavy.

Is he trying to suffocate me???

I turned my face to the other side, gasping for air. Then my eyes landed on Moosa's hand on my side and my pillow gets much heavier.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

She hid her face under the pillow, which I found very cute and a smile crept up on my face. Slowly, I leaned forward and put my head on the pillow. She instantly reacted and turned her face to the other side. A second later, I felt a little push under the pillow, followed by a sound of gasp.

She finally realizes the cause of heaviness...

Seriously she is so slow.

My smile widened and I close my eyes. I liked the position that we were in but I want to be more close, without this pillow wall... without any barriers.

I will be... soon!

I took a deep breath and asked, "Why were you crying, love?" She didn't answer.

Of course, she won't, how can a person talk under a pillow...

I rolled my eyes on my stupidity and sit straight to give her space to get up. But she didn't even move.

"Are you getting up by yourself or should I help you?"

Without removing the pillow from her face, she reached out for her dupatta on the other side of the bed. But before she could reach it, I quickly take it.

She shrieked and said, "Give it back."

"I didn't take it from you...!"

"Fine...! Give it to me."

"Give you what?"

"My dupatta." She shouted and it made me chuckle.

I silently gave her dupatta back. She quickly got a hold of it and put the pillow on the side. After a minute, her dupatta was already settled on her head.

"How did you do it?" I asked in astonishment and she gave me a questioning.

"How did you wear your dupatta so perfectly?"

"We are used to it." She mumbled.

"We?"

"Girls..."

"Oh! Anyways, answer my question."

"What question?"

"Why were you crying?"

"None of your business." She spat.

I leaned closer, putting my hands on each side of her. She quickly hugged her knees and backed away.

"You're being difficult again, love... Answer my question like a good girl. Why were you crying?"

"Like I said, none of your business... Why would you care, when you are the reason for it... You are the one who killed my husband, took me away from my parents, imprisoned my injured brother for days... it's all because of you." She started crying again. I frowned but kept my mouth shut.

This is getting annoying...

"Do you want to meet your family?"

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

My head jerked up instantly.

"What?" I asked again in disbelief.

"I said do you want to meet your family?"

I didn't know what to say. The man sitting before me was manipulative, always has something under his sleeve.

"Noor?"

"What are you planning now?" I said without looking at him.

"Getting smart aren't we?" He smirked and got up from the bed.

"Well, I am planning to blackmail you to marry me in return for meeting your family." He said, taking a seat on a couch near the wall.

"Huh?"

"You heard me." He gave me a wicked smile.

I went silent, looking at my feet, not knowing what to say or do. He was so unpredictable and dangerous. I raised my gaze to him and saw he was lighting his cigarette. He's wearing black jeans with a somewhat henna green coloured T-shirt and cap. When our eyes met, he tilted his head to the side, giving me a smile.

"Aren't you done yet? What else do you want to ruin my life?" His smile vanished instantly, replaced by an annoyed look.

"Ruin??? Do you even know what that word means?" He mocked.

I was taken aback by his question. I wasn't expecting this.

"And if you think by killing that man and bringing you here ruined your life, then you are mistaken, my love." He said after a pause.

"Mistaken? The only one who is mistaken here is you... How can you even think that I would marry you? To a criminal.... a monster." My voice was dripping with venom.

He silently got up and covered the distance between us. Getting scared by his pissed look, I tried to get off the bed. But before I could go any further, he pulled me to him by yanking my arm and made me stand in front of him. His grip was rough and tight, making me wince.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, leaning down to look into my face. I bit my lower lip tight and didn't answer.

His other arm encircled my waist, crashing my body to him. I gasped and tried to wiggle free. He tightened his grip more, I can feel his fingers digging into my skin. I hissed and close my eyes.

"Does it hurt?!" He shouted.

"Yes!" I manage to choke. Suddenly he loosened his grip and leaves my arm but not my waist.

"You said you won't marry me... I am a criminal... means you are agreeing that I should go in my own way?" He said slowly, taking off my dupatta from my head. I tried to get a grip but it was no use. Combing my hair with his fingers, he pulled my face closer.

"If I am a criminal to you, then I will do it the criminal's way. And criminals don't bother marrying. They take what they want like I am going to do now."

He leaned closer to my face and the next moment I found myself screaming 'stop'.

_______________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!
Oops! Chapter end...
you guys have to hold your breaths till next chapter I guess. Plz, don't hate me for this ;)
I know it's short and I am sorry about it. But if you guys want a long chapter then I will update once in a week. So tell me what you guys prefer okay.
Moosa pic on the side :)
I also update chapters of "My Four Eyed Husband" and "And You Became My Dawn" try them.

And remember to vote and comment

Take care :)