Chapter 24

I decided to just complete the story today...whew I feel good. It is great to have my first completed story on WattPad. Please leave your comments on what you thought of the storyline.

'Where are the glasses?' asked June's mother, she was busily searching through the kitchen cupboards.

'Mom, we have enough glasses, why don't you just sit down and relax.' June protested as she walked into the kitchen.

'You know I hate to be waited upon,' her mother protested.

'It's Zack's third birthday, Dmitri has pulled out all the stops, and the caterers will look after things.' Sofia came over to her as she touched her stomach lightly.

'You look like you need to put your feet up too.' Stated her mother lovingly.

'I will, later today,' she said thinking of lying in her husband's arms.

"So after the cake how will we serve this dessert?" the two mothers were busy discussing the arrangements that had already been made.

June moved out of the lavish kitchen and into the back yard of their home. She and Dmitri had married two years ago in a small ceremony and she and Zack had moved to Sicily with him. She loved the tranquil life but always made time to return to her family in London.

Her family had flown in a few days before and had been pampering  Zack mercilessly.

She looked at the guests milling around the yard. Their home was huge but beautiful overlooking the beach. There were relatives from both sides of their families. Eva and her family were there.

"Shouldn't you be taking it easy?" Eva asked as June approached her.

"I will when this day is over." June responded laughingly. Her feet were already aching her. Eva's husband Marius and her two kids seven year old Gianni and five year old Leah were great playmates to Zack. They were currently running around the garden playing with cars.

"Hi Dad." She said approaching her dad chatting with her sister April.

"Hey beautiful, shouldn't you be resting?" her Dad asked concerned.

"June, come on and sit now!" April demanded of her.

"You can be bossy to your clients but remember I am still your older sister!" she said giving her sister a hug. "Help Mum out please she is going berserk in the kitchen!" April was now a certified barrister working for a prominent law firm, she was not dating and although her parents were making major hints in that direction April was more focused on winning cases than winning hearts.

'Mama!' Zack shouted. He had stopped treatment a year ago and six months ago he had been given the all clear, so far he had never had a relapse. The doctor said that he was fully healed and would lead a normal life. Now an active three year old he came running toward her in his navy blue short pants suit. He was looking more and more like his father every day. He barrelled into her legs full of energy and exuberance of any toddler.

'Dada says I can ride my car!' Zack totally treasured his father.

They had developed a firm bond between them. He literally had his father's blood flowing through his veins, the two were so similar in personality and demeanour, and she could imagine their bonding to last forever.

"Auntie May!" Zack shouted running to give her sister a hug.

"You made it!" she said embracing her sister who was staying in one of the guest cottages. " I thought I had to go down and drag you out of there!" 

May had given birth two months ago to a little girl named Maya and June knew  first hand that taking care of a newborn was not an easy task.

"I was ready ages ago but Mr Careful here had to check and double everything twice!" May was complaining as her husband walked to them with their daughter in his arms. "We are only coming to a party ten feet away from the cottage but he had to pack enough for a two week trip."