Chapter Four

Hello! Everyone. :D

Enjoy!

************

"Life is Unpredictable."

"It gives you everything that you never wished for either it comes to you as dream or as a nightmare."

"Sexual harassment!?" Iris murmured and furrowed her eyebrows and read further from the files Derek had brought for the case.

"Yup! Sexual harassment!" Dean tried to hold his laughter but he clearly failed as Iris noticed it.

"What? What's so funny?" Derek frowned.

"No, nothing. I mean if Sarah have had accused you of something like this, then it would have made sense." Dean said chuckling.

"And why so...?" Derek asked Dean.

"Because she, my friend, is a bitch and she can clearly do that," Dean stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

Iris looked perplexed and felt a little out of the conversation.

"Umm....I think I should take these to my office. I will read them further and will come up with something, surely." Iris said as she stood up to leave.

"Cool!" Dean commented as he too stood up to follow Iris to the the elevator.

Iris glanced at Derek but he completely ignored her while doing something on his phone. Iris frowned and walked away.
Dean hits Derek's shoulder as he follows Iris to the elevator and shooks his head.

"What?" Derek mouths.

"Umm...Sorry and thank you". Dean said as he holds the gate of elevator.

"You owe me." Iris said winking.
Dean smiled back and gave Iris a quick hug before saying goodbye.
And then he walked back to Derek.

"What the hell man?" Dean hits Derek's head while sitting down in his seat.

"What?" Derek said as he puts his phone on the table and took the last sip from his coffee.

"The least you could've done was offered a simple thank you to her for coming to your aid on such short notice, or maybe, I don't know, you could've say good bye to her. You should have been nice to her."

"As I recall, the last time I tried to be nice to someone, she accused me of sexual harassment and now, I am trying very hard to not fall into the pit she shoved. So yeah, I will pass that being nice to someone thing," Derek stated in a matter of fact tone and stood up.
"And I have to meet Mrs. Jackson for that fund raising for Sunshine orphanage so goodbye."
He continues.

"Dude, I know you are mad at me because I walked out of this the very last minute but you know Jenna, and it means so much to both of us. So I have to do this. She waited three years for this day to happen and now is the time. And I have got the best lawyer for you. She is one of the most promising lawyers. Everyone looks upto her for their cases. And she usually nails these type of cases. This is an open and a shut case. You just need to loosen up."
Dean said as he walked beside Derek to the elevator.

"It took me years to handle the business as my father used to, to make him realize that I am as deserving as any other. It took me years to build the reputation I have in this market now and all of the sudden this thing happened. I mean if the word of this gets out, my reputation is ruined dude. My career is on stake here. Its just that."
Derek said as he shrugged his shoulder.
"I was just being freaking nice to her. I didn't even think something like that for her and then she accused me of this. I don't get it as to why I am so unfortunate when it comes to women?" Derek continued.