Chapter Seventeen- Andrew (special)

Andrew's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~

She just walked away. Kathleen really hurt her, and now she was running from the pain again. I need to stop letting her get way. Every time she runs I let her, and I don't chase her. She always just runs while I stand there and watch. It was time to chase after her, and stop letting her get away. First I had to stop what was hurting her and causing her to run away in the first place.

I turned to Kathleen, she seemed a bit peeved and was trying hard to act indifferent. I saw right through it. Whether Charlotte was lying or not, which I highly doubt, but even if she was Kathleen had no right to say that to her. She was still Charlotte and one thing Charlotte is not is a liar. Especially when it comes to someone insulting her. She knew what it was to be truly insulted and so she had no reason to make up insults. Kathleen has officially over stepped her boundaries.

She looked at me and I gave her my best disapproved look, to shade the anger I was actually feeling, it must have not been too convincing, because she looked a bit worried when I spoke,

"Kathleen you had no right to say that." She just stood up to me then, she got in my face and looked a bit threatening. I didn't waver though. I believed in what I was saying, she was wrong and we were over.

"Well you have no right to go looking at other women and drooling over them while we are together. You're supposed to love me! But you continue to obsess over her! Go ahead!" She threw her arm in Charlotte's general direction as she spoke and then yelled in my face,"Chase her! Don't let her get away. She is who you want now get her! But don't be afraid to crawl back here when she breaks your heart! I'll be waiting." With that she dropped her arms, and sighed in defeat.

A few tears escaped her eyes. I sighed too and walked away. I felt terrible for breaking her heart though. She didn't deserve to have her love thrown in her face. No one did. I guess I just feel guilty, because I know how she feels in away. Or at least I've imagined it enough.

I always picture my conffession to Charlotte ending in disaster. With her rejecting me, ending the friendship, laughing in my face, and all over again breaking my heart. That would just have to happen then. It's time to let this out and be real. She needs to know and whatever comes after that, well then I'll learn to deal.

I turned my back on Kathleen. I would not be running back to her. She was over and I was done playing pretend. Time to be real and get a grip. This is love and nothing should surpass love. Not friendship. Not lies. Not sadness. Not fear. Nothing.

I moved swiftly, trying my best not to over think my actions. She would be with Drew now, but I didn't care anymore. The whole world could watch and I wouldn't care now. I needed to let this out. It was building inside me for too long, I would yell it from the mountaintop if I had to. She needed to hear.

I saw their heads move toward the balcony. They were moving swiftly and he seemed to be leading her. I didn't care what they were doing or talking about. They weren't even a couple yet. Sure Drew claimed he loved her, but it wasn't the way I did. I just hope she realizes this before it's too late. Before she gives her heart away.

I got caught in the crowd, but I saw them clearly go out onto the balcony. I was trying my best to push through the crowd, but then was tripped. I fell face first, but caught myself on my hands. I quickly pushed myself upright and started to make my way through again. When I had fallen, people moved out of the way so it helped me get through easily once I was up again.

Most people were trying to converge on the dining room, but I was of course headed in the opposite direction. They must have been starved, because they were really aggressively trying to get to the food. I had to struggle quite a bit, but all the while tried not to lose my resolve again. I just focused on getting through the crowd.