LJ10 - Part 11

Camila and I reached my bedroom. I held her hands firmly in mine before closing the door behind us. It was more instinctual than anything else. The chances of us getting interrupted were relatively small in my apartment but I felt better creating a safer place for us.

The younger one was standing near the bed, waiting for me to join her. I approached slowly and felt my heart beating faster with every step I took in her direction. The brown eyes looked slightly nervous and I made sure to uphold eye contact. As I took my position opposite of her, I put my hands on her cheeks to cup her face tenderly. The hazelnut orbs dodged my gaze but she leaned in for a kiss.

Her lips found mine in a sweet kiss that I reciprocated carefully. As much as I wanted her, it was important to me that she felt comfortable. I wasn't certain she was there just yet and kept our kisses light. Her arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer which was a good sign. Still, I broke our kiss and looked for her gaze once more. Her chest was moving quickly, the warm breath being exhaled erratically.

I wanted to do something to calm her down and used my finger to lift her chin up so she would look at me. She finally did and I smiled softly to ease her tension.

"I'm nervous," she confessed shyly and just above a whisper.

"Me too," I admitted because it was the truth.

"I can't imagine you being nervous," Camila said quietly and ran one of her hands up my back.

"Of course I am," I disagreed and placed a barely noticeable kiss on her cheek. "I don't want to rush this."

"Do you think we're rushing it?" she asked.

"No," I answered honestly. "Do you?"

"No," Camila's answer sounded just as genuine.

"Ok, so let's not overthink this," I suggested to take off the pressure.

"Sounds good," the professional athlete nodded and took a deep breath. "Why don't you put on some music since you like doing that so much?"

That little smirk she had on her lips definitely said she was thinking of a certain playlist she had found on my iPod a while ago. She liked teasing me about it but I wanted to use that moment to surprise her. Letting go, I turned around to follow her wish. While Camila sat down on the bed, I was busy looking for some songs that she wasn't going to expect.

As soon as I was happy with what I had picked out, I walked over and heard the smooth jazz melody filling the room. Camila's eyes widened in obvious astonishment. Using the momentum, I straddled her lap and folded my arms around her neck.

[Amy Winehouse – No greater love]

"There is no greater love
Than what I feel for you
No sweeter song, no heart so true"

"I didn't see that coming," the other brunette admitted with a smile.

"That's what I was going for," I responded with a grin.

"I love that song though," Camila whispered more gently.

"There is no greater thrill
Than what you bring to me
No sweeter song
Than what you sing, sing to me

You're the sweetest thing
I have ever known
And to think that you are mine alone"

Knowing what a big music fanatic she was, I was proud to have chosen something she liked. The fact that she seemed more relaxed was the added bonus. Her expression appeared calmer. She was the one grabbing my hand this time. I was surprised to see her bringing our intertwined hands up. The deep brown eyes scanned my hand and then I noticed what she saw: it was the little scar on my hand from punching the mirror.