Chapter Seven

Lia

I woke up the following morning to an incessant knocking, better yet, POUNDING on the bedroom door. I ignored it for a few minutes before I remembered that the door locked from the outside and they could barge in at will. That would be bad seeing that I was butt naked after having discarded the towel at some point last night. I sighed and felt around the bed with my eyes still closed against the sun's rays that were streaming through the balcony's glass doors.

Note to self: get those windows frosted ASAP!

If I was going to get dragged into the upper crust I was going to milk it for everything it was worth, well until it was time to call it quits at least.

The pounding resumed just as I grasped the edge of my towel, "Damn it!!!! I'm coming!" I yelled ready to rip into the face of the rude intruder.

As soon as I was dressed of course, then the ripping would commence. I stumbled to my still packed bags and grabbed the first things I saw which unfortunately were booty shorts and a large tee. I, however, was extremely comfortable with my body and didn't mind the skimpy attire. It was unfortunate for whoever stood in the other side of that door.

The tee makes it less naked. I justified to my self.

"Okay!" I yelled, "I'm decent! You can open the cell now oh warden dear!"

The door opened and there stood a very awake Damian looking ready to take the day. I imagined that I looked like a mess in comparison, probably had eye boogers and everything.

Current care level: zero.

"Get dressed and come down to the kitchen, we have company." He said brusquely.

"I'm already dressed." I said and tried to move past him.

He intercepted me with a firm hand clutching my arm, "You need to change."

"Uhm, no thanks." I replied, trying to get out of his hold.

"Amelia, you will not meet my brother in your current state of dress." He said stiffly.

His brother? I thought for a moment before I realized who he meant.

"Ohhh you mean the brother that sent you shake down or kill my parents?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

His jaw tightened at my description. I stepped back, he assumed I was going to get dressed. I instead got back into bed and snuggled under the covers. Noooo way was I giving up my Saturday sleep-in for some mean old mafia boss and his equally as mean but unfortunately sexy brother.

"Amelia-" He started.

"Can you not awaken one tiny woman, brother?" Came a new heavily accented voice.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to guess it was the man I had just refused to meet when I opted to return to bed. I resisted the urge to peek so I could put a face to the voice.

"Amelia, I am not in the mood for your insolence. Get dressed and come join us for breakfast." Damian ordered.

I do not take orders. I thought furiously as I flopped onto my back to glare at the men. Boy did I get the shock of my life.

"Ohhh gracious Aunt Jemima! What the hell did you people do?! Fall from a sexy tree!?" I asked in exasperation, staring back and forth between the brothers both whom were now wearing bewildered expressions from my sudden and unexpected outburst.

It was like a double dose of sexy. His brother had the same brown hair that was either messily styled or totally unruly, blue eyes and angular face, with the addition of an adorably dimpled chin. They had similar builds in regards to height, both standing at about 6'2", however the brother had more brawn where Damian was lean and perfect. I forced myself to stop staring as I recalled just what these men before me represented. I turned my back on them again before speaking.

"Damian I already told you I'm dressed, whether or not my attire pleases you is none of my concern. Now if you don't mind I'm sleeping." I barely finished speaking before I was bodily dragged from bed by the big bad mafia boss himself. I stared at his expressionless face in open mouthed shock before I regained my senses and gave him my glare of death.

"Now listen here you jerk! You maybe sexy but you can't man handle me without my say so!" I screamed, vigorously kicking my legs and flailing my restricted arms. He spun me around to face him fully, pinning me to his body forcefully. It was anything but pleasant.

"Little girl, heed me. I am not like my little brother, I will not tolerate disrespect. He has done you a great service by offering your family a reprieve. You will be grateful and act accordingly." He instructed fiercely holding his face threateningly close to mine, his deeply accented voice sent shivers down my spine, and not the good kind. I was starting to see a lot less sexy and way more danger in this man.

He released me abruptly, not giving me a chance to secure my footing so I crumpled at his feet. Shaking from the exchange, I still defiantly refused to meet his gaze I instead looked up at Damian with utter loathing, his face was blank mask. I involuntarily shrunk back as his brother reached for me again, probably intending to force me to obey him. I braced myself for his next assault but it never came,instead Damian spoke.

"Leave her, she isn't yours to discipline, you don't her handle her like that again without her consent or mine." He stated slowly with barely concealed anger.

"Very well brother, discipline your woman as you deem fit but you will discipline her." His brother said with an air of authority, directing one more menacing glance at me.

Damian nodded stiffly and gestured for his brother to leave the room ahead of him, he stepped out as well. Before closing the door he turned back to look at me with an unreadable expression.

"You will not eat until you have learned your place in my house and are willing to join me when I request and how I request."

He made his departure at that moment leaving me on the floor staring at the door in shock. This time around when the lock clicked it triggered tears of utter desolation. I dropped my head to the carpet as I let out a strangled sob, opening the flood gates to all I'd been containing since I stumbled into all this mess.

It was going to take every thug bone in my body to make it through this with my sanity in tact.