Ch 4: Here Comes the Rainbow Psycho.

A/N: hi. sup. yo! rainboooooooooowwwwwwws! 

OKAY SO SINCE I GOT THAT OUT OF MY SYSTEM!

hi. this is my way of getting my 'uuuuuhm what?' out before writing.

I have been majorly craving teriyaki. let it be chicken or steak or a burger or on stir fry...mmmm.

~~

Lola POV:

Well he really did not want to move in with me. I was starting to think he had a thing against basements.

I have been suggesting it every day of the week before work ends and sometimes during our breaks and all he ever does is glare at me and call me names.

He is so mean.

Its sooo cute! Lava Cake is a pouty pouter!

He still refuses to eat sweet things though.

Which is a total bummer. I think he would  like them if he would just try. I even attempted to give him sour candies once and he adamantly refused.

I was starting to think that man was a total freak.

A freak who wouldn't even tell me a tinsy bit about how he knew grandpa.

He was excellent at his work though, the job was always done so swiftly he pretty much just had to stand around all day and watch me make sweets.

I glanced up at him for a brief moment as I vigorously rolled out candy for the whirl pops.

"how do your tiny arms even do that?"

I took another peep at him, "Grandpa has been teaching me how to do this since I could walk. Its hard work but well worth it! keeps me in shape! I could teach you sometime?"

"No."

How boring. "Too bad, you work here, you can at least help me cut it, see that tape on the table? once it hits three cut it and whirl it into swirly circle." 

He stared at me blankly.

I sighed, "or you could roll this out nice and even and I'll make it into a lolipop."

Axel heisted a moment but nodded and took my place with little protest.

I smiled and looked out the window that surrounded the room out at the shop before resuming cutting and shaping lolipop's as Axel rolled out the candy under the heat lamps, muttering a few complaints.

A low laugh broke a long period of silence, "To be honest when I first saw this place I was sure you had lied to me about your employment Mr. Blackwood."

I looked up as Axel stopped rolling the candy, "hello mr. would you maybe mind exiting the candy making station? its not sanitary to have people in here."

The older man smiled at me, "sorry miss..."

I grinned, "Lola!"

"sorry miss lola but I do need to speak to my parolee."

I ahed, "okay! anywhere else out in the shop is fine!"

He nodded and left, Axel following after.

~~

Axel POV:

Officer Johnston stared me down for a long moment over the colorful table, "What made you want to work at a candy shop of all places?"

I heaved a sigh, "its a long st-"

"Mr. Officer!"

And here comes the rainbow psycho.

Johnston looked up as the rainbow haired tutu clad menace skipped into the room in her ridiculous pastel heels. 

His brows shot up at his first look at the freak without an apron and professional focus. "yes?"

She held out a colorful basket wrapped in a clear glittery plastic, "I made you a gift basket! Its got cookies, fudge, gummy kabobs, lollipops, gumdrops, sugar bombs, chocolates. lots of chocolate. and a nice big slice of cotton candy cake!"

I scowled at her.

He took it with a little bit of confusion, "thank you?"

She grinned, "no problem!"

I sneered, "Lola."

Rainbow hair bounced as she faced me, "yes?"

"go away."

She pouted and sank back to her place behind the display case.

Officer Johnston chuckled, "so thats why your working here."

I stared at him, "what?"

"Lola, the shop girl. shes a strange one but pretty, a boy like you fresh out of prison would jump at the opportunity to work with a young pretty girl."

"She's a freak who wears pie dresses and uses sprinkles as nail polish decorations."

"Listen here son-"

Fucking hell he's going to go into one of his better your life speeches.

"Sometimes the best of women are a little bit odd. A girl like miss Lola is not easy to find, she seems sweet-"

She threatened to have me put in jail for attempted rape about 20 minuets after I met her.

"-shes running her own business so she clearly has a brain, Shes pretty, and she can obviously cook or at least bake, and she doesn't seem to care that your a law breaking hooligan."

Did he just say hooligan?

ugh.

"So What is it, you do around here?"

"heavy lifting, cleaning, and whatever odd jobs lola needs, she wants me to start learning how to make candy."

He nodded writing something down, "okay..who else works here?"

"Lola."

"..its just the two of you?"

I nodded.

"I see..how long has the shop been around?"

"don't know but it was her grandpas so for a while probably."

"Okay..Ill be in to check on you once a month and your boss needs to send me updates on your work monthly as well, for now I need to talk to her."

"You need to talk to Lola?"

He nodded.

"right now?"

"yes."

"Oh my god did someone call me!"

I looked over to see Lola leaving over the counter lollipop in hand and gummy crocodile hanging from her bright purple lips.

Fuck.