Chapter 8

Amanda's POV

I've been on this island for about a week.....I think. I don't even know anymore since time works differently here. I have to admit though, I thought my life here would be far worse. But, Pan doesn't make my life any better. He mostly makes it worse.

He is always on my case and endlessly follows me around.  I don't know if I should be flattered or annoyed, but I'm mostly annoyed.  I think the only time he was helpful or in other words, the time I actually didn't mind his company, was the time when he was giving me swimming lessons at the pond.

But anyways, he won't stop leaving me alone. Every girl needs their god damn space!  I especially hate it when he bugs me during target practice. Yes, I do train with the lost boys. It's my only joy here and the boys aren't so bad after all. But back to Pan, he always makes that lame excuse that he is trying to 'help me'. All he's doing is being a little pest. 

It was the afternoon and everyone was training and fighting, the usual. I decided to train myself by practicing with a bow and arrow. I have only used a bow and arrow once, back in the village when they held these lame competitions. That's how I learned to use a sword too.

But here in Neverland, I actually think that training myself with weapons is a good use of my time.  You never know what will happen in Neverland.  I took a bow and arrow from a tree stump and made my way to a tree across from me with that held a target.

And most importantly, I was all by myself.  Just the way I like it.

I positioned my arms and my body so the arrow was pointing directly at the center of the target.  As I was about to shoot,  I heard a sudden voice from behind that startled me, causing the arrow to miss my shot. Turning around, it was Pan of course.

"Did you not see I was about to shoot?!"  I shouted, putting my arms up in the air in aggravation.

"Yes I did see.  You would've missed anyways." Pan implied, cocking a brow.

"And how would you know?" I faced away from him as I positioned myself to shoot again.

"That's the problem.  Your position." He pointed out.  I brushed off his comment and let go of the arrow. The arrow makes it to the left of the target, missing the center.  Damn it.

"I told you so." Pan scoffed. 

"Okay, so how do I position myself?"  I asked in a provoked tone.  Instead of answering me, Pan approaches me and places his hands gently on my waist, sending shivers down my back.  I definitely did not see that coming.  He positions my body more to the right and moves my arms to 'fix' them.  Pan ended up caressing my arm as he let go.  I could feel my body tingle by his touch.

I got snapped out of my trance and murmured, "You could've told me how to position myself."

"That would take a lot of explaining and it was much easier just to move you." Pan notified.

"True." A slight laugh came out of me.

"Alright, now when you aim, be less tense.  Relax your fingers when you release the arrow."  He advised. Well, okay you little shooting expert.

"If you say so."  I positioned myself the way Pan instructed me, and take a deep breath before I shoot. When I finally released the arrow, it lands precisely in the center of the target.  It was a perfect shot. Now, I know nothing is perfect, but that shot made me think twice.

"Wow." I said with widened eyes.  A feeling of astonishment filled inside me.

"You couldn't have made it without me." Pan gloated with a smirk. That really annoying, yet really hot smirk.