Wanda- Gone

(Requested by @pandibelle)

You snap awake when your front door slams shut and soft footsteps head in your direction. You had been waiting on the couch for Wanda to come home, but you fell asleep.

"Wanda?" You ask groggily, but all traces of sleep leaves your system when you see her face. Her eyes are red and puffy, but their lifeless and dull. Cautiously, you stand and place a hand on her shoulder softly. "Wanda? Babe, what's-"

Her mask crumbles and tears start pooling in her eyes. "H-He is gone.."

"Who's gone, Wanda?"

Her shoulder shake violently as she collapses against you, and you're quick to lower the two of you to the couch. She instantly buries her face in the crook of your neck and sobs. "Pietro! He is gone! He's-" she breaks off and looks up at you with a heart wrenching expression. "he is dead, (Y/n)."

You swallow hard and clutch her tightly to your chest, blinking away the tears because you have to be the strong one here. You can cry later, but now, you need to comfort your mourning girlfriend.

"I'm sorry he's gone, Wanda." You say softly, stroking her hair lightly. "But he'd want you to be happy; to keep going and fight for him."

She sniffles and nods. "I know, but it is so hard. I have not spend more than a day apart from Pietro, and suddenly, he is ripped away forever without a goodbye.."

You press a soft kiss to her temple and rub her back soothingly. "I'm sure he would've said goodbye if he had that chance, Wanda. And whatever happened to him is not your fault- I know you're thinking that it is."

"But.. it was my fault Ultron was created. I was the one who pushes Pietro into helping him. It is my fault he is dead-!"

"Wanda," Pulling her back, you give her a stern yet gentle look. "Pietro's death is not your fault. It was his choice. He made his own decisions, so stop trying to take the blame, okay?"

She smiles weakly. "You are right, (Y/n). I am glad you are not gone as well."