Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 9: Panic Party

Song chapter: White Iverson by Post Malone (instrumental)

Aria Evans

Freshness filled my body as my feet hit the bottom of the pool. I opened my eyes as I looked around me and I was met with Zander's awkward face. His cheeks were popped out as he tried to glare at me. I laughed but it sounded muffled as water bubbles swam away from my mouth.

I couldn't hold my breath that much longer, oxygen was quickly leaving my body. I motioned my hands to Zander to go up to the surface with me, we had to go up together if I wanted some air again.

His smirk was evident as he shook his head and crossed his arms in triumph, happily swimming with his cheeks puffed out.

How in the world can he still smirk and hold his breath for that long in the water!

I panicked as my chest felt tight and my lungs burned for some air. And he definitely wasn't giving up soon, he still held that big smirk as he watched me with amusement. At that moment I got an idea.

I slowly shut my eyes as I let my body limp in the water, Zander's body sinking me down. I didn't move even though my lungs really needed some air right now.

I quickly felt Zander panic as he shook me slowly. I then felt arms wrap around me as my body swam upwards. And finally air filled my lungs and I couldn't believe that actually worked.

I wanted to burst out laughing for scaring him but I decided to have a little bit more fun. So I stayed limp in his arms as he quickly swam his way out of the water, yelling at everyone to move out of the way in the process.

I felt myself being laid on the warm, wet ground, figures soon blocking the sun. I wanted so badly to frown, I was pale enough as it is, I needed the sun!

"Aria"

I heard Zander mumble as he shook my shoulders lightly. His hands on my skin bringing a warm feeling inside my body. That wasn't right. It was probably just the heat, it was spring break after all.

I then heard grunting, followed by complaints and apologies. Zander's warmth left my body as he backed up. Now I really wanted to frown.

"Zand, what happened?"

Oh crap.

Chuck's voice was loud and clear, which meant he was crouching next to Zander, next to me. Dammit did my makeup run, I probably looked like a drunk drag queen.

"I-I don't know! All I know is that we were in the water and next thing I know she's- she's drowning! Just do something, I don't know what the fuck is happening!"

"Fuck okay, just relax. I'll just have to perform CPR on her, see if I can pump the water out of her."

What? Yes!

"What? No!"

I was getting tired of Zander's C-Blocking, and now he was shrieking in protest for me not to get some yummy lip locking.

How rude!

"Zander man, if we don't do something quickly this could lead to calling an ambulance over here. This is serious!"

Chuck's voice left me in awe. He sounded scared, in panic, as if he really cared for me. My heart rate rose as I waited for Zander's response. Did he care about me too?

"Then we'll wait for the ambulance."

My heart drop as I heard his response. He really didn't give a flying pig about me, did he?

I decided it was time to cut the act, seeing as it lead Chuck and Zander to argue over about what to do.

Chuck was screaming at Zander, yelling at him to let him perform the CPR. While Zander was still insisting on calling an ambulance.

What a nice time to be alive.

I interrupted them both by coughing loudly, fake gasping while I opened my eyes quickly.

The first thing I saw were both boys, crouching over me with eyes wide and mouths gaped open like fishes.

Of course the first reaction out of me was to blush. I never really liked attention, so seeing half the people from this party around me was nerve wracking.

"Aria?"

My attention to the crowd was taken when I heard Chuck's voice. His features were soft as he softly smiled.

My lips trembled as my eyes focused on his. They held relief as he slowly leaned closer. Still holding eye contact the closer he got.

Oh my god.

My breath hitched and panic struck me. He was getting closer, too close. And after what felt like an eternity, he stopped. Right just above my ear, which I felt getting redder by the minute.

I could feel his breath on my cheek as he gently whispered.

"You okay?"

I just died. I literally just died and went to heaven. But that was soon proven impossible when I heard Zander's voice.

"I'm still right here you know?"

He looked distraught, solely focusing his attention on my leg. I looked down seeing Chuck's hand placed thoroughly on my thigh, rubbing circles with his thumb.

Oh.

I quickly cleared my throat and sat up, moving away from both boys. Well only Chuck since I was still, obviously handcuffed to the idiot next to me.

By then the huge crowd that had formed around us was slowly disappearing, seeing that I was in fact okay.

Well, so much for the best pool party of spring break.