Chapter Nine:Exploding Chocolate Bags and Mates (EDITED)

Ariel's POV

Jessica and I were currently braiding each others hair and it was my turn to do hers. I know, classic sleepover move. I'm basic, don't remind me.

I told her about me and she told me about her. I learned that she too had lost her parents to a fire, so Shane took her in....because she's his cousin. Now I feel bad for that whole "cut her" thing now.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" she asked as I finished up her fishtail braid.

I don't know, I shrugged as I tied it off. But it's getting late and we should get to sleep.

"Yeah," she agreed as she got up in stretched out. "It has to be like three in the morning or something," she laughed.

I'll get the sleeping bags. I said as I got up and brushed off my pants. I went into the hall closet and pulled out two sleeping bags. The two Shane and I had used when he brought me here from my old pack.

I hugged Shane's to my chest and inhaled his scent, causing me to relax. I was really missing him and my wolf and I were restless to see him again. I sighed before I pulled out two pillows then headed back to Jessica.

Sorry, I said as I tossed her a sleeping bag. It smells like me.

"Oh it's fine," she smiled as she unrolled it before I tossed her a pillow that hit her right in the face. Oh my Goddess, Jess. I am so sorry, I didn't mean- I was interrupted by a fluffy white mass hitting me square in the face. As soon as I moved it from my face, I saw a smirking Jess, causing me to narrow my eyes at her before I threw both of the pillows at her, we continued until we were too tired to carry on our pillow war.

"I surrender to your forces," she dramatically in a weird British voice. "May peace be restored between our two kingdoms."

Fool, I said equally as dramatic and my British voice just as bad as hers. You shouldn't've tested my forces. Peace will never be restored. This is an everlasting war, I said narrowing my eyes at her trying to look as intimidating as I could, but failing miserably and bursting into a fit of laughter. We laughed until tears jumped to our eyes and our faces were red.

"Well that was fun, but I'm tuckered out. Good night Ariel," she said as she settled into her sleeping bag.

Good night, Jess. I said before settling into my own. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent Shane a text message. Good night, Shane I typed.

I immediately got a text back. I've been waiting all night waiting for you to say that. Good night Beautiful. BTW, I'ma need you to make me some more of cake for when I get back. It's AMAZING!

I chuckled. Of course you do. Good night Alpha. I love you.

I love you too, Little One.

I turned off my phone and snuggled into the sleeping bag, drowned in Shane's scent. I felt like he was right here holding in his strong embrace.

I sighed as I closed my eyes, dreaming of my mate.

****
Shane's POV

I smiled as I put my last bag in the car. I couldn't wait to see my beautiful mate. I'd missed her so much. I'd missed her touch. Her smile. Her laugh. Sleeping next to her. I missed Ariel. A smile made its way onto my face as I got in the driver's seat and started up the car and sped down the road, restless to see Ariel.

****

I parked my car out front and mind-linked for some of the pack members to get my bags and bring them in. As soon as I got to the front door, two of the most amazing scents ever rushed into my nose: My mate and cake.

I quietly opened the door and closed it then followed the intoxicating scent to my beautiful mate. I crept into the kitchen and saw her taking the cake out of the oven while she "talked" to Jessica. She paused and sniffed the air before her face lit up as she turned and ran to me and jumped into my arms. I missed you so much! Her beautiful voice rang in my head.

"I missed you too," I said as I kissed the crown of her head.

She smiled as she pulled away. "So I see that you and Jessica got to know each other," I said with a small smile remembering Ariel's jealousy.

"Yep," Jessica said as she washed the icing off her hands. "You're one lucky man to have such an awesome mate."

"Indeed I am," I said as I smiled at Ariel and snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. "The luckiest man in the world."

Ariel gave me a small smile as she said me a plate with a huge piece of chocolate cake.

Giving me that slice of cake was like letting out the Hulk. I dug into that cake with my bare hands, Ariel and Jessica laughing as they slid me more and more slices cake until the whole thing was done.

"That was amazing." I sighed as I finished, no doubt that I had chocolate all over myself. "Oh, did you guys want any?" I asked suddenly realizing my rudeness, if mom were here, she'd hit me in the head.

"On no," Jessica said with a small laugh. "We made one before you came and it was delicious. Ariel can bake!" she said as she playfully elbowed Ariel, who laughed in response. Her laugh was the most joyous sound in the world.

Now come on, Ariel mind linked me as she linked arms with mine. I need to clean my Alpha up.

"Jessica, we'll be right back," I said, not taking my eyes off my beautiful mate before she dragged me into the bathroom and closed the door.

You really need to control yourself. She chuckled through the mind-link as she got a damp towel.

Who needs control when you can have cake? I asked with a small grin, causing her to playfully rolled her eyes then started cleaning. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the sparks that danced across my skin when her fingers grazed my skin. When she was done, she looked over her work. When she was done she gave me a smile of satisfaction, before pulling me into another hug.

Hopefully nothing ruins this perfect moment, she whispered through the link. But of course, it doesn't last long because just then there was a knock at the door and by the knock pattern, it knew who it was.

I sighed as I reluctantly broke the hug. "It's Aiden, my Beta," I explained. Aiden had been gone for about a month and a half due to the fact that he had been going to surrounding packs and building bonds so that we could pair up with them for neutral protection. Now that he's back, I had to keep the promise that I made when he left, which was we'd play video games together.

"Do you mind?"

Of course not! She said with a smile. Go ahead. I have to help Jessica clean up anyway.

Ariel gave me a quick kiss before turning and heading to the kitchen. I went to the door and was immediately wrapped in a hug. "Shane!" Aiden said as he patted my back.

"Hey Aiden," I said as the hug broke.

"Man we have a lot to catch up on! And, I heard you got your mate! Good job, bro!" He said as he playfully punched me.

"Yeah," I smiled. "She's in there with-"

"Shane!" Jessica yelled she walked to the front door with chocolate over her. "The chocolate bag exploded and-"

That's when her eyes locked with Aiden's and by the spark that ignited in his eyes when he looked at her, I knew what word was about to come next. "MINE!" Aiden growled as he pulled her close, despite the chocolate all over her.

She inhaled his scent and smiled. "Let's clean you up," He softly said. Jess just looked at him with a lovestruck expression before she nodded her head and they walked toward the bathroom.

I smiled at them then walked back to the kitchen where Ariel was still cleaning up. "Ariel, time's cleared up. Now, where were we?"

****
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter and if you did, don't forget to vote, comment, share, follow, and fan! See you later and always....

Love y'all-Jordan 😘

EDITED JULY 12, 2016