You're going back to school

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

~Two Hours Later~

Pearl picked me up shorty after my little incident. When she showed up, she was freaking out because she thought she lost my daylight ring, but I told her she must of dropped it on her way out because that was the first thing that came to mind. Especially because I did not want Katherine coming after me. When we arrived at the house, it was only Anna and Harper that was there. Pearl told me that she had kick the rest of them out, after what happened with Frederick.

For about an hour, I just sat down on my bed and stared at Katherine's note. After staring at the paper for so long, I went in the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I need change, something that made me different from the girl Katherine knew. They only thing I could change was my hair, and that seem good enough for me.

When I asked Anna for something that could change my hair color, she told me about something called dyeing hair. I asked her where I could get it, and she said she would get it, only if I told her what color I wanted. I asked for black, because that's all I saw in me.

Anna came back shorty after our discussion and handed me a plastic bag. I quick took it from her and was about to go upstairs, until she stopped me. "Julia, are you sure about this?"

I nodded, "Yes, I need something different Anna."

Anna sighed, "To this day, she still has so much control over you." She whispered. I nodded, but she continued. "Do you want my help? I've done that a few times."

I shook my head, "No, thank you. I need to do this by myself."

Anna nodded and walked away, while I went upstairs to my room then my bathroom. I tore opened the box and began to read the instructions, when it said something about taking a shower. I sighed and went over to the shower and turned it on. The water here took forever to warm up, and I knew I had to turn it on now, or take a shower in the freezing cold.

I began mixing all of the mixtures into the bottle, until I looked up in the mirror and saw Katherine. I groaned, "What do you want?"

Katherine came over to me and took the bottle out of my hand, "You're not doing this."

I growled and reached out to grab the bottle. "Yes, I am. Now give me the damn bottle."

She chuckled, and dodged my hand. "Oh, someone feisty." She paused, "But I'm still not letting you do this."

I crossed my arms, "And why not? Because you don't what your perfect doll ruined?" I snapped.

Katherine surprisingly frowned but quickly cover it up. "Because, Juliana, once you do this, you won't be the same anymore." She paused, and pushed a small piece of my hair out of my face. "We're vampires, Julia, we're dead. You will never get your natural hair color again."

I slapped her hand away and quickly grabbed the hair dye out of her hand. "Maybe I don't want it anymore."

She chuckled, "Please, your hair is everything to you. I remember, while you were in Bush Hill, all you talked about was Abby and you playing with each other's hair. You two had to have the same exact hair style, or you two wouldn't leave the house."

I moved over to the sink and rested my weight on the counter, while I kept my head down. "Don't talk about her." I snapped as tears fill my eyes.

I felt her put her hand on my back, "You only want this, because you don't want to remember the person you were around me." Katherine paused again, debating on what she should say next. "Have you ever wondered why she never showed up? When you turned twenty-one."