Chapter 78

Bethany's POV

When you hear shouting, it's obvious your body is going to heighten with concern. When your brain knows the voice that is shouting, it heightens even more. It's everyone's natural instinct, especially when you care for them.

Listening to Harry be verbally trashed by Laura was heartbreaking. I understood Harry had fucked up. I understood he had practically ruined her career, as well as the careers of many. But he didn't deserve to be spoken to that way. No one did.

If I had the ability not to say such horrible things to Harry, then Laura should be able to restrain as well. But she didn't.

I stand there, shocked that I'd even allow myself to interrupt their conversation. It had just popped out- there was no control. ;)

Vanessa had grabbed my arm in warning, but it was too late. All the attention was on me. The fight between the two was over- and the chaos between the three of us was about to begin.

"Why don't you go find Niall." I suggest to Vanessa, mumbling it towards her direction.

I see her nod, wheeling her suitcase past the rest of us. Then she stops, turning back towards us with a hint of confusion on her face. She had no idea where she was going.

"Niall's in the room at the end of the hall. There's breakfast in there as well." I heard Harry's raspy voice from beside me. It was weird how just as much as the sound of him could calm me down and bring me back into reality.

Watching her walk down the hallway with her giant suitcase was slightly amusing. She was skin and bones, pulling what looked like a boulder. She needed to eat more. That was something I'd have to somehow trick her into doing. Her sweatpants were hanging from her hips extremely loose, and her giant hoodie was consuming her.

"You're here already?" This time he's talking to me, and my concern for Vanessa has evaporated.

"Yes. I'm here for the rest of the week. I leave Sunday Evening." I finish my sentence by feeling his arms wrapping tightly around me.

My face was pressed against his bare chest. He was warm- like always. He smelled like Harry as well. It was familiar and it brought me back into a world of peace. It was our world, just Harry's and mine.

"You're really back with him? After everything did to you?" I can hear the judgement clear in Laura's tone. It's bemusing.

I pull away from Harry, gripping his hand as we both face the demon monster. She had a reason to be against us. I knew that. I know she hates him, and she should. I should hate him. I shouldn't even want to be in the same country as him, but I am. I made that choice because I love him. I made that choice because I want to be with him. She didn't have the reasons to stay with him like I did. She didn't love him. She'd do the same if she felt the way I did for Harry.

"I love him." I tell her honestly. His hand squeezes mine tightly, making me smirk.

She squints at me, her eyes icy and cold. She looked all happy in her tight jeans and tight blouse. They did not correspond well to her personality. She was angry on the inside. There was nothing flowery about her. She wasn't a cheerful person. All she cared about was the welfare of herself.

"I don't understand you. I don't understand how you can stand here and hold hands with a man who practically ruined you. I can hardly stand being in the same room as him."

"You don't love him. That's why you don't understand." She laughs at my words, shaking her head at me slowly.

"Oh right. Like Harry would actually love someone."