Twenty

Suga kissed her cheek and hugged her on her porch. She giggled and kissed him.

"I got to go back to my devil grandmother." She sighed, she had told him about her gramma. He buried his face in her neck and kissed her collarbone.

"Wanna come to my house?" He asked softly. She hugged him and sighed, floating into him.

"Wish I could, but I don't want to leave my mom alone." She kissed his cheek and let go of him. He kissed her and she opened the door to her house. She held her painting in her hand tightly.

"I love you." She waved and he waved back.

"Love you." He smiled broadly. She giggled giddily and closed the door.

"Who was that?"

"Hello dad." She grumbled attempting to push past him. He grabbed her arm and pulled him back.

"Who was that?" He asked sincerely.

"Does it matter? You don't care anyways." She wrenched her arm out of his grip.

"I do care! You're my daughter." He looked at her lovingly. She shook her head, he was such a liar. His words were just as paper thin as they had always been.

"It's none of your business." She began to walk away from him, to her room.

"It is my business! You're my daughter!" He yelled at her frustrated.

"You keep saying that, but I'm not! I'm not your daughter! I'm no more your daughter than I am the neighbors! You were gone for THREE YEARS! What kind of father does that! You just left! You never came home! You could've gone all the way across the world and back and we wouldn't have known! So you have no right! No right to come here and act like you've been there for us, like you helped us! You can't just do that...you can't." She sobbed loudly, and wiped away her tears angrily. He looked at her sadly. He was such a liar! He didn't care! He never cared! He wouldn't have left if he cared! He approached her slowly and attempted to hug her. She hit his hands away and stumbled back.

"Don't touch me. Don't touch me." She covered her mouth with her hand and looked away. She couldn't look at him. She couldn't bear to look at him.

"What did you do?" The door slammed behind her mother angrily. Her father looked back at her and opened his mouth to say something.

"Shut up!" Her mother yelled and wrapped her arms around Nari. She hugged her mother and sobbed into her shoulder.

"Shh, baby. I'm here. You're okay." Her mother reassured her. She nodded and tried to calm herself down.

"What's going on here?" Her grandmother's condescending voice broke the silence. Oh god, I can not deal with her, Nari groaned silently.

"Well Nari was talking with this boy and I wanted to know who it was." Her father explained softly. Just like him. Use something stupid to avoid the real problem.

"Suga?" Her mother murmured. She nodded and buried her face deeper in her mother's shoulder. She should've just stayed with Suga. Why didn't she just go with Suga?

"I don't see the problem, now why wouldn't she tell you?" Her grandmother shook her head good-naturedly and smiled.

"She said I didn't have the right." Her father shrugged, immediately hiding behind his mother. Coward.

"You don't. You left us for three years Dae. You don't have the right." Her mother stroked her hair and scolded her father.

"I mean. He is her father. He deserves to know." Her grandmother carried on, ignoring her mother.

"Of course because your son can do no wrong." Her mother scoffed.

"Now Hyun-Jung. I never said that." Her grandmother put her hands on her hips.

"Then why don't you accept the fact that he is a terrible father?" Her mother yelled.

"When you accept the fact that you are a terrible mother! Letting Nari hang out with any random guy off the street!" Her father yelled.

"For your information, I don't like him either! But Nari is her own person! She loves him! No matter how, unreliable he may be." Her mother directed some of her words at Nari. Nari broke away from her mother and ran up the stairs to her room.

"I can't do this. I can't listen to this bulls**t."

She looked at the painting Suga had given her. She still had Suga. She still had Suga. That's the only thing that would get her through this hell she called home. No this wasn't her home. Suga was her home. Her door opened. She looked up dully. Her grandmother entered and sat down beside her on her bed. She moved away slightly. Her grandmother pointed to the painting.

"It's very nice."

"Thanks." She murmured.

"It's time for dinner." Her gramma stood and offered Nari her hand.

"I'm not hungry." She mumbled.

"It's not a question." Her grandmother grabbed her wrist and pulled her roughly off her bed. She winced and pulled her arm out of her gramma's weak grip.

"Don't expect me to say anything." Nari muttered. Her gramma smiled,

"You just have to show up. It's for your parents of course."

"My mom's going to get a divorce." She shrugged.

"I'm not allowing that." Her grandmother's smile faltered. Nari smirked,

"It's not an option." Her grandmother's smile disappeared all together. She followed the old b***h down the stairs and into the dining room. This was NOT her gramma's perfect family, this was NOT her gramma's project.

This was her s**ty family.