MTMR chapter 4

*WARNING* THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MILD SEXUAL AND ALCOHOL REFERENCES

Chapter 4*

Halloween

The doorbell rang several times, no doubt that Ash was pushing it one time after another. I huffed and attempted to push my hair out of my face without getting pizza sauce in my hair.

"Tay, can you get that?" I asked my sister who was sitting at the kitchen table reading 'The Scarlet Letter'. She quickly finished the paragraph she was reading, nodded, and dog-eared the page. Taylor stood from the table and moved quite quickly to answer the door, probably irritated with the incessant dinging noise the doorbell was making.

I heard her throw open the front door and could practically FEEL her glaring at who I assumed was Ash. "Do you have to be so *effing* obnoxious all the time? All you do anytime I see you is annoy the *chizz* out of me. Do you strive to make me as irritated as *effing* possible when we're in the same room?"

"Nice to see you too, Taylor," I heard Ash say in a way too joyous voice, obviously trying to further annoy my little sister. I laughed at the both of them as I could almost see Taylor giving him the evil glare that we had both perfected. I also happened to be where she had learned how to use all those cuss words so effectively. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my family? Not nearly enough, I don't think.

"Okay, you two go ahead and try to kill each other with your eyes," I heard Lexi say exasperatedly. "I'm gonna go find Zandy."

I chuckled as I heard her start walking down the hall, away from the two children she had been standing next to.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I called out, quickly washing my hands off so I could greet her without getting pizza sauce everywhere. I was making that hand pizza again and I was making it now so that it was ready when everybody got here.

I had went ahead and decided to throw a Halloween party since my family was over and my friends were all close by. Andy had even invited Matt Good, whom he had become really good friends with over the last couple of years. Of course, everyone was required to be in costume. Just because we all were mostly adults didn't mean we couldn't do Halloween right. I was going to be seventy years old and still dressing up.

"Hey, happy Halloween," I greeted Lexi, hugging her quickly. She smiled and wished me the same before asking if I needed help with anything. I shook my head. "Nope, everything's done. I just gotta get this last pizza in the oven and get dressed."

"Who all's here already?" she asked as Taylor and Ash joined us. Ashley stood behind his wife and rubbed her shoulders and Taylor took back residence in one of the chairs, happily finishing the chapter. It was almost six so we all had to get ready. No one was dressed yet, not even the people that had gotten here to help out early.

"My and Andy's parents, my siblings, Jinxx and Sammi, CC, Jake, Dante, my cousin and her boyfriend," I answered, trying to remember who all was here.

"How many more are you expecting?" Ash asked, rubbing Lexi's shoulders still.

"A lot," I answered in a sigh. "The rest of our friends, at least ten of Annie's and Kyle's friends from school and Matt."

"Good?" Taylor asked, her head snapping up suddenly from her book.

"Yeah, why?" I asked warily.

"Oh my gods! I absolutely love him!" my sister shrieked, slamming her book shut. She jumped up from her seat and snatched up her book, preparing to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked her as she started bustling out of the room.

"To go get ready," she said like it was obvious. "The party starts in an hour and I need A LOT of time to get ready. My costume is no easy feat."