Meeting the Princes

My first thought, was to hide. I didn't want anyone to see me in these clothes. It simply wasn't decent. But it was too late. If I ran and hid, they would see me. So I decided to stay put.

As they drew nearer, I could observe them. One was talking very loudly and angrily while the other one would answer calmly. That only seemed to enrage the loud one. From where I was sitting, I saw them before they saw me.

The loud one was shouting, raising his hands and waving them around. He was tall and very muscular. His clothing accentuated every muscle and he seemed to be very proud of them. His face bore many scars from fights. He was handsome in a rugged, unrefined way.  As already mentioned, he was loud. His voice was deep and booming, seeming to echo through the woods, shattering the silence. Everything  about him was big. He didn't seem to be very smart. The way he argued and expressed himself showed me that he couldn't have been very intelligent. His hair was long, course and very blond. The way he walked indicated self importance. He seemed to swagger.

Then, I began to imagine about him. He was the sort of boy to always look for trouble. He was forever getting into fights. He was the sort to start and finish fights. He would be clumsy, knocking things over and being uncoordinated. He was always getting in trouble but he never was punished too badly.

I allowed my eyes to roam over the other one. I was struck first by his eyes. While his companion had blue eyes that seemed eclipsed by the rest of him, this one had stunning eyes. They were sharp and observing. They were calculating eyes, indicating a sharp brain and mind. They were a mixture of green and blue. He had muscles too, but they were not accentuated in the gaudy red and gold armor like his friend. He was dressed more quietly in a dark green and dull gold. His armor showed no more then necessary. He was tall and slender, not built for fighting. His hair was raven black and looked silky smooth. It was slicked back away from his face. He was quite different from his companion. While the other one was tan and showy, this one was deathly pale and his face seemed to hide secrets. He walked with grace and refinement. His eyes were tricky and they twinkled curiously.

I imagined that he was a prankster. He was forever getting away with little things. He wasn't as appreciated like the other one. But he had a quick mind. I found him handsome. Beautiful even. He was different from other boys. He could hardly be called a boy. He looked about sixteen.

I observed all of this in a heartbeat. They came closer, the voices becoming louder. The pale one saw me first. I peering at them and he made eye contact. I looked down, avoiding his gaze. He stopped walking and motioned for the other one to stop talking, but he kept talking. Then he saw me. He stopped midsentence, his mouth open.

They approached cautiously. I stood, as was the custom. I sighed inwardly thinking of how awful I must have looked with my boy clothes. I dusted myself off and met their gazes with all the confidence I could muster. The pale one spoke first.

" I apologize for intruding. I am Prince Loki Odinson. My brother and I were taking a stroll and we did not see you until just a few moments ago." He bowed from the waist.

He was gallant but vague. Slightly detached. His voice was smooth like Carmel.. Words seemed to flow like honey from his thin pale lips. The other one, I guessed, was the brother he spoke of.

" I am Prince Thor Odinson. It is a pleasure to meet someone so lovely as yourself my lady." He said in his booming voice. Not to be outdone by his brother, he bowed low and swept his arm out.

I almost giggled. I liked him. He was like a bear but he seemed so sweet in a loud funny sort of way.

I curtsied as best as I could.

" I am Lola Mirstana. I was just going for a ride on my horse and I stopped to draw for a moment. I am sorry if I interrupted." I said softly.

Loki began to say something but was interrupted by his brother. He closed his mouth and rolled his eyes. It was funny. His face gave away nothing, but his eyes expressed everything.

" My fair lady it is I who should apologize. We shall leave you to you drawing." He kissed my hand and bowed again.

" Wait Thor. Let her settle this disagreement between the two of us." Loki said, putting his slim hand out to stop Thor from walking away.

I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Thor nodded.

" My lady. My brother and I were having a bit of a disagreement. We were talking about what good king must have to be a good ruler. My  brother says strength, but I believe a brain is more important. What do you think?" Loki said.

I thought for a moment. Thor was looking at me eagerly, while Loki was quietly observing me.

" I believe that a good king must have strength to win battles. He must be able to defend his kingdom and protect the people. A king must be able to fight for his people if he wishes for respect. Strength is an important part of ruling well."

Thor smiled triumphantly at Loki, who stood still, his head cocked to one side, one eyebrow raised.

"But. A king must also have a sharp mind. He must think about the good of his people. He must know when to attack and when to stay at peace. He must be able to think and strategize. Strength alone will not win a war. So in conclusion, I believe that a good king should posses both strength and brains. He should also be honorable, brave, and humble. A good king is a hard find, but when in rule, he brings peace to his people." I finished.

I blushed a bit. They were both staring at me and for a moment I worried I had spoken out of turn. I looked down at my feet. When I looked up, Thor was smiling and Loki had a small smile as well.

" Well said lady Lola." Thor said, once again kissing my hand in farewell. He moved on, making his way back the way they came.

Loki lingered for a moment. He stared at me with curiosity. Then he bowed and gently kissed my hand. For some odd reason, a shiver went up and down my spine. He bent down slightly until his mouth was centimeters from my ear.

" We both know I was right." He whispered with a small smirk.

Then he was gone, leaving me speechless. Then I smiled. I had just met the princes of Asgard. I resumed my drawing, but I kept replaying that scene over and over again in my mind. Without meaning to, the face I was drawing bore a strong resemblance to Prince Loki.