Chapter 6

Lauren pulled on the blue long sleeves shirt and folded the sleeves to her elbow. She looked into the mirror at her own reflection. 'What does she like so much about me?' she thought, frowning. Her finger traced her left eyebrow where there's a scar on it.

**Flashback**

"Where were you, Lauren?" Nine years old Lauren heard her Polynesian friend at the foster care, Dinah asked. Lauren ignored her as she slowly closed the door, do not want it to squeak loudly.

"Yo Lauren, I'm asking...where were you just now?" Dinah asked, impatient.

"I was using the public phone. I called my uncle Dwayne." Lauren replied nonchalantly as she made her way to her mattress on the floor and lay down on it.

"Your gangster uncle?" Dinah asked, flinching when she mentioned the 'Gangster' word. She made her way towards Lauren and sat on the floor beside her mattress while looking at her green eyed friend in disbelief. Her face turned pale. She was terrified at the thought of people in gang "Why did you do that?"

Lauren sighed and sit up on the mattress, "I want him to take me with him. I don't care if he turned me like him. I can't stand staying here. I've been bullied by the kids here, they called me names and they make fun of me because of my condition, Dinah. Well, I don't mind that, really, but when they insulted my parents, I can't take it!" she said, her eyes started to water at the memories when the kids there insulted her dad for being in a gang before.

'Dum!'

The sound of door, kicked from the outside startled both girls.

"Hoi freak! How you doin'?" a thirteen year old boy named Drew, mockingly asked her as his sidekicks, the Stromberg brothers, Keaton and Wesley snickered along behind him.

"Hansen, what are you doing, befriending this freak?" Keaton asked Dinah, as the girl growled at him before she stood up and pushed him by his shoulder.

"Don't call her that! She's not a freak, you guys are!" Dinah said, defending Lauren. Lauren looked down at her tangled finger on her lap while tears threatening down her face.

"She? How's it's a 'she' when it has a dick?" Wesley said before erupting into a loud laughter, following by his friends.

"You know. Maybe her dad was drunk, and fucked a horse, before he fucked her mom. That's why her genes were messed up." Drew said, making Lauren snapped her head towards the boy in anger and suddenly jumped on him.

"You do not talk about my dad like that!!" Lauren said before she threw punches at the boy's face repeatedly. Drew dodged every punch with his hand before flipping them over.

Dinah was trying to stop them, but she was held by Keaton and Wesley.

"Bitch!" Drew said before he pulled out a penknife from his pocket and slashed Lauren's left eyebrow.

"Oww!!" Lauren screamed as her hand pressed on her eyebrow, trying to stop the blood.

"You deserve it freak! Better be grateful that I didn't slash your eye ball instead." Drew spat. "Let's go guys." He said, motioning his hand to his friend to release Dinah before he stood up and exiting the room.

Dinah quickly made her way to Lauren's side. "Oh my god, Lauren! There's a lot blood!" she said, before taking out her handkerchief and pressed it on Lauren's eyebrow. And that made Lauren cried harder.

"Oww! Dinah help, it hurts... mommy, daddy ...hurt!" Lauren cried in pain.

"What did you do to her?!" Suddenly both girls heard a manly voice yelled and a second after, Uncle Dwayne entered the room, dragging Drew with him. His hands grab onto Drew's shirt.