Chapter Thirty-one

Dedicated to 5eleven and her girlfriend who have showed me once again why we fight for the ones we love

Chapter Thirty-one

Alex - Some Things Are Not Meant To Be

The way in which she looked at me when telling her that I feel something for Taylor gives me the impression that our relationship is hanging by a very thin string.

'And judging by her body language, you are not getting any tonight.' And here I thought you finally decided to be mad at me for a long time and not speak to me. 'This sucks, since you haven't even 'sealed the deal' to begin with.' You know the reason behind that. 'This was supposed to be the night. The night I have been waiting for at least 3 months. Why did you have to ruin it? Everything was great between us. She was perfection and her flaws revolved around dating you.' I did not intend for this to happen. You're blaming me for all this, when both damn girls have their part in all this mess.

A loud groan followed by a very strong pain in my right cheek as my head is slightly turned to the side makes me snap my attention back to Kylie. As I shake my head I see Kylie lifting her arms in the air frustration written in her every feature. My attention then goes to the burning pain in my cheek again nothing really making sense.

Did she just slap me? 'You deserved it.'

"Will you fucking stop talking to yourself for a second, just one second and pay attention?" At this point she is beyond annoyed with me and has my undivided attention.

"What is it exactly that you want from me?" I take a step towards her making her take a step back away from me.

"I could have lied and told you that Taylor is just a girl and she means nothing, but that is not fair to either her or you. I have been faithful to you this entire time, not because I was forced to but because up until she kissed me, you were the only girl I ever saw myself with."

The crowd around us was looking between Kylie and me as our voices escalated. By the way the crowd is divided; Kylie seemed to have the most support by our classmates.

"Why couldn't you say this earlier? At least I would have been out of the picture so you could be with your precious Taylor and I could be with someone who truly does love me."

"Have you even been listening to anything I've been telling you? I love you more than life itself. You are my first love. You are the person I see myself with for the rest of my life. What I need you to understand is that I felt something for Taylor when she kissed me and when she's around she does something to me that I thought was only possible when you are around me."

Just as a tear is about to escape Kylie's eyes I see Taylor running straight for me. In the reflection of her eyes I see a man standing holding a gun. Her eyes tell me to run, to watch out. Just before I can react to anything the figure pulls the trigger sending a bullet straight into my direction.

My heart stops as soon as I realize what Taylor just did. Her eyes close as the bullet hits her instead of me. She hits the floor a few feet away from me as I just stand there watching as she clutches her side and grits her teeth.

As the shock begins to fade away, I immediately run to Taylor grabbing my dress and kicking my heels to the side when they begin to slow me down. Taylor turns on her back and tries not to scream out in pain.

"Why did you have to be the hero, huh?" I ask her positioning her body on my lap as gently as I possibly can. I take her hand away and apply pressure with my hand on her abdomen to prevent the loss of too much blood. As soon as she feels the pressure on her lower stomach her breath catches and she inhales very sharply. Her expression quickly changes when turning and looking into my eyes her eyebrows slightly creasing