Chapter 10: Finally!

This is the chapter you have all been waiting for!

And next chapter will be posted when I get a new follower! (debbie_evanfurn: why won't you follow?)

Song to the side (STILL NOT CLAIMING RIGHTS TO SONG), listen while read for full effect!

Enjoy!

________________________________

(Damen's P.O.V.) 

It had been seven months and four days since she left.  

That's 217 days. 

That's 5208 hours. 

That's 18748800 seconds! 

She had been gone far too long.  

My wolf has long since stopped talking to me and I haven't even looked at another girl since she left me. I can't believe it took her leaving for me to figure out exactly how much I loved her. Sure I had known I was her mate for a year before she figured it out but I had always managed to keep my distance. I made sure we had no classes together. I had plenty of girls on the side to distract me; yet I couldn't get her out of my head. Every time I slept with one of them I would only wish it was her. It sickened my wolf and I to sleep around but I had to. I had to make sure no one knew we were mates. I had a good reason... I just wish she would have stuck around long enough to hear it. Maybe then she wouldn't have left. Who am I kidding? Then she would have left for sure! But at least she would have known the reason, and not thought I didn't want her!  

I let out a frustrated growl. I'm sick of thinking in "what if's." What if I hadn't rejected her? What if I told her about being mates when I found out? Would we already be mated? What if she hadn't run? Would she have been able to stay after she knew why I rejected her in the first place? It's becoming exhausting! All my wolf yearned for was her. Hell even I was yearning for her. I'd give anything to see her sparkling green eyes. To see her breathtaking smile, or to smell her mouthwatering scent of vanilla and berries. It just drew me in! She smelled like the deserts my mother used to bake for me on special occasions. My mother, bless her soul, would be ashamed to know what I've done, and that's why I've kept it from everyone, well except Cassidy's family and my own father. She never would have let me reject her like I did; I humiliated her in front of everyone, the pack and humans alike. I was the worst mate in history.  

Today I woke up with a feeling in my gut. Something life altering would happen today. My wolf and I were both on edge - though he was still not talking to me. I showered and as I walked into my half bare closet I frowned and felt the familiar loneness that came with the view. In the room I am supposed to share with my mate, half of the closet would belong to her. What if Cassidy and I were together? Would her clothes fill in the empty shelves? I can't bear to live this way much longer! Being away from her and not knowing what she is doing or where she is, is slowly eating away at me. And it's entirely my fault.  

The familiar nagging questions haunt me daily: Where is she? Who is she with? Is she happy? Happier without me? Has someone else claimed her as theirs? No. I growled. I would have felt the bond break forever, and possibly kill my wolf. Mating with someone who is not your mate could kill your true mate if you had already met. If you were to meet after neither of you would know your mates because the bond would already be broken. Your chosen mate would never be able to make you as happy or fulfill your needs like your true mate could. I need my mate back.  

I vowed to find her and find her I will. Every day I haven't stopped looking for her. I have traveled to some further packs, none of which have seen her. I have sent scout party after scout party out trying to catch a trace of her scent. No traces have ever been found. Even her old room is beginning to lose her scent. I went there often. Her scent calmed my wolf long enough to keep looking for her and not go on a murderous rampage.