Chapter 7

~Katherine Pov~

“Hey Katherine” Someone said as they knocked on my door and came in. I saw the little hands first then blonde hair and knew it was Trey.

“Hey Trey are you okay?” I ask seeing his small fake smile. I know it his fake smile because he uses it a lot when he gets yelled at. He has a little half smile but when he is in a good mood he smiles where his dimple pop out and his teeth are shown. He is just too adorable to have fake smiles.

“Yeah I’m fine, do you want to play outback with me. I asked daddy and mommy and they both said later. So can you please?” He asked giving me the puppy dog face.

“Yeah buddy can I get ready first though?” I asked him.

“Okay yay can you brother and sisters come over?” He said looking back.

“Uh I don’t know there number they will be here later.” I told him.

“Okay well I’m waiting downstairs and eat cereal.” He told me running out the room.

…………

“Okay Trey, Thomas said not work my body to hard so let’s have a break and lay on the trampoline.” I told him running toward it. We have been playing outside more than an hour. We had water balloon fight which he cheated but I didn’t tell him. He was just having so much fun with a big smile on his face. After our water balloon fight he wanted to play soccer. I didn’t find the point of kicking the ball around the field but it was fun. This little boy had so much energy. He ran circles around me. As for me I was holding my knees asking him to wait for me. He ran up the slide all around and ended up doing the monkey bars. I tried and failed miserably. Now we just sat down on the trampoline after I watched Trey ride his bike. It is pretty cool I want to learn how to do it.

“Hey Trey who taught you how to ride a bike?” I asked him as he pointed out a cloud that looked like a dinosaur.

“Gumpy, Daddy was suppose to but he was too busy and mommy was shopping or doing something important to help me.” Trey told me with a sad smile.

“Oh you think Gumpy can teach me?” I asked him trying not to let him dwell about his parents.

“I can ask him. He is with daddy come on lets go.” He said getting off the Trampoline and holding my hand guiding me inside.

“Where we going Trey?” I asked him.

“To daddies office you have to be quiet he doesn’t like no one talking when he is in there.” He told me smiling.

“What Dad?” I hear Alex voice yell.

“Alexander don’t raise your voice to me. Katherine has been threw a lot. You are just making it worse for her. If you haven’t seen her sad smiles when she sees’ you. Then I don’t know what. She needs you Alex she really does. She doesn’t know anything or anyone. I am surprise she is actually talking to us more.” He said Trey stopped walking and looked at me and put his finger to his lips and walked again.