Eat up

•Mystic Falls, Present Day• (There is going to be a lot more present day for now on)

After the encounter with Katherine, I went down stairs to see Pearl. I had to talk to her about going to school, that and about my sister. When I got to the kitchen, I saw her and Harper drinking blood.

"Julia, why don't you join us?" Pearl asked me.

I looked at Harper, "Harper, could you give us a minute, please?" Harper nodded, and stood up from his seat and left the room. I went over to the seat and sat down in his seat.

Pearl looked at me confused, "Is something wrong?"

I lend forward in my seat, while resting my arms on the table. "Lately, I've been thinking about some old memories that I made when I met Katherine, and I remember something from a few months before my twenty-first birthday. Katherine left, and I was wondering, where did she go?"

Pearl gulped, "Juliana, there are certain things, you shouldn't know. It will ruined you."

I quickly stood up from the chair, and already had teary eyes. "Katherine saw my sister, didn't she? Because my birthday, Katherine tried to distract me the whole time with shopping. She knew I won't see her." I cried.

Pearl stood up from her chair, and came closer to me. "Julia, the things I did for you was to protect you. Your sister was your humanity, and I wasn't going to let you turn everything off."

I held my hands up, to stop her. "Don't come near me." I started to walk away from her but stopped at the door way and looked back at her. "I'm going to school tomorrow, and your not stopping me."

~

•New York City, New York, 1798•

I was sitting on the bed in the hotel Katherine had gotten us. All I felt was pain, and being a vampire didn't help. My tears were their own person and didn't want to stop. My sister was just like my parents, she left me in the dark when I needed her the most. The funny thing is, I believed her when we arranged the meeting, I believed that she would show up.

Katherine sighed and crossed her arms, "Come, we are going out."

I shook my head, "You go, I will stay."

She rolled her eyes, and came over to me and roughly grabbed my arm. My friend pulled me off the bed and onto my feet. "We are going, Julia. You need to get your mind off things."

I groaned, and pulled away from her. "And what will going out do, Katherine? Make me feel worst? Everything was a mistake, and I am only realizing it now."

Katherine smirked, "That is why, we are going out to feed. It will give you the chance to let it out on poor humans, let your pain on them." She paused and went over to the door and opened it. Suddenly a man walked into the room, with blood coming out of his neck. "You can start with this man."

I shook my head and kept my head down, as Katherine came over to me. She put her hand under my chin and lifted my head up. "Just let the thirst take over, Juliana."

I stared at her for a long time, until I finally gave in. I stood up from the bed and went over to the wounded man. I looked at him, "I am sorry."

He gave me a small smile, "It is fine." He answered before I plunged my fangs into his neck, that's when the monster finally came out of her shell.

• Mystic Falls, Present Day•

~Next Morning~

I shot out of my bed and was breathing heavily. Sweat was covering my forehead and used the back of my hand to wiped away the sweat.