6

We made it to England, and thankfully we joined the 107th. Steve was ropped into staying and traveling around promoting bonds. He hated it. I remember when he told me what he was doing.

"They have me in some red, white and blue get up. I'm carrying an American flag shield. I look absolutely idiotic. I'm making the fakest speech as a fake Hiter sneaks up behind me and I have to punch him in the face. These girls wearing short skirts are dancing around me and at one point I have to lift them up!" He ranted, we're sitting at a bar on one our only free weekends together. He's wiping the condensation off his glass of beer. His hair is neatly combed to one side like he likes to have it, and he's wearing a button up that seems to small for him. It shows off the muscle he's gained and his new Herculean body. I think at least four women have hit on him as we've sat down, but he hasn't noticed it.

"That sounds really uncomfortable Steve, I'm sorry." I tell him.

"I feel like a dancing monkey. This isn't what I wanted, I wanted to be on the front lines, and I wanted to fight along side you and the rest of the world." He downs the rest of his beer and asks the bartender for another. Normally I would be worried if he was drinking this much, but with the super serum I doubt it will make a difference.

"You have to remember this isn't about you. This war is about the world, and the people of it. At least you're working in the effort, even if it's the worst job ever." I'm trying to put him into perspective.

"I guess you're right, it's not about me. I should stop complaining." We go quiet just enjoying the company of each other. Tonight everything feels normal. We're sitting at a bar on a Friday night, no orders, or uniforms. We're back to our old civilian life.

"Can you not find a shirt that fits you?" I ask Steve after awhile. I try to pinch some fabric off his sleeve but it's so tight I can't. Steve laughs so loud that the room looks at him, but half the room was already watching him. He attracts a new kind of attention now.

"I didn't think I needed a large."

"It's a medium?! Steve, you need like an extra large or something. You're huge!" I tell him and he gives me an look that I know all to well. He was a blushing virgin to others, and those others were not me.

"I'm leaving, you're disgusting." I joke laughing, I grab my purse jokingly. He just sits at the table with a wide grin on his face.

"Oh can you imagine the look Buck is going to give me?" He says to me.

"Wait you haven't written him yet?!"

"Well...no, I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"Steve you're such a dumbass sometimes." I tell him downing the rest of my beer, which was only a few sips anyway.

I promised I'd do what I could to get Steve over here in England. But I think he forgot I'm not really in power. In fact I have none. The soldiers didn't really even have to answer to me, I just looked like they had to. But I read a poster saying Captain America was supposed to be having a show here in a month or so. So I  guess Steve got his wish in some convoluted way.

Since I was formally stationed with the 107th, I was ably to see Bucky. But sadly our reunion was cut short because I was working a lot and Bucky and half the unit went off to the front. Apparently a Nazi science division was on the move. Half the regime would be going after them and following them would be the other half. It was as fast as I got to say hello to Bucky, that I had to say good-bye. Phillips put me in the medical wing. He wanted me to run it so the doctors to focus on the wounded. We were expecting casualties to roll in, in about a couple weeks.