Chapter 3

"I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you." 

-Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

**********

PICTURE- Mr. Martinez. (I was actually searching for a picture of Armel but stumbled across this so added it here.)

Songs- Cool Kids- Echosmith

               She looks so perfect- 5 SOS

(Also It'd be great if you guys send me song suggestions)

GO READ <33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York University.

I've always dreamed of being here someday, and now that I'm finally here it feels so surreal. I touched the silver pendant hanging from my neck and closed my eyes. "Dad, are you watching me? Can you hear me? Look I'm finally here, I hope you are proud of me. That's all I ever wanted to do- make you proud", I whispered softly, my voice barely audible to my own ears.

I looked around to see the faces of nervous freshers and ecstatic parents hugging their children good bye and wishing them good luck. I wish mom was here with me too, on my first day of college, but she is a busy woman. I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my acid washed jeans to check for any calls or texts, I had none. I guess she forgot I'll be starting with college today. I sighed and went ahead.

Manhattan has a huge campus which for me is a good thing as I'm a bit claustrophobic. I first went to the main building to collect my schedule and a map as I didn't want to get lost and be late for my first class. I am majoring in History as it is my best subject, though I haven't yet given much thought to what I'll do after uni. 

I was early, so there wasn't much crowd.

"Hey!" I said to the lady behind the desk. Her hair was tied in a neat chignon resting on the nape of her neck, and her face was well defined with very few lines. She must have been in her early thirties.

"Hello, how may I help you?",her voice was monotonous lacking even a  slight hint of expression which made me wonder how long she had been working here, repeating the same line to hundreds of strange faces everyday. Had there been a time when she had been excited about her job? I can't imagine.

"Yes, I'm here to collect my schedule and a map?", it was a question more than a statement. Well okay I admit, I'm a bit socially awkward or maybe a lot socially awkward. Ugh, I can't even talk to this lady without getting nervous.

"Excuse me?", it was her who spoke.

"Uh-huh?", I blubbered.

"I asked what's your name?"

"You did?", damn did I actually zone out. What's wrong with me?

"Yes I did. Are you going to tell me?", she shook her head in disapproval. 

"Oh yes, I'm sorry. Its Lucia. Lucia Celeste Waters."

She nodded without sparing me a second glance. She scrolled down through her computer screen, her forehead crinkled. 

"Ah yes, Waters. Wait for a moment please."

"Okay", I mumbled.

She quickly took a printout of my schedule and handed it to me along with the map. I gave her a smile and took it, she didn't smile back though. "Thanks Alanna" I said and turned around to leave.