O8. Doubts

Suddenly, all wardrobes were empty, all trunks were packed, and all students were about to leave Hogwarts in an early departure; Professor Dumbledore was there to take the first years down toward the boats and Professor Slughorn was accompanying the rest of the students, along with Professor Flitwick to the train. As they descended the long hill in four enormous lines, Hermione stared apprehensively at the Forest – Hagrid was still there. 

She glanced around all Ravenclaws and her eyes met a pair of bright green ones; she gasped "Cepheus!" The dark haired boy threw her a small smile and pushed his way through the crowd, arriving next to a beaming Hermione.

"Hello!" he said. She flung her arms around him and hugged him briefly. "You've been un-petrified!" Cepheus smiled and turned to Penelope who had just joined them. "Nice seeing you're back." She smiled. 

"It's nice to be back."

The three boarded the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bettie Bott's Every Flavour Beans as they sped past Muggle towns; pulling off their wizard robes and putting on their regular clothes; and finally, pulling into platform nine and three-quarters at King's Cross Station. 

"Hopefully the Ministry will search the school and find nothing so we can go back." Penelope said, hopping off the train and hugging both Cepheus and Hermione, soon joining her awaiting family. Hermione watched gloomily as Penelope hugged her parents excitedly – she missed her parents extremely, and regrets using the Memory Charm to eradicate her mother and father's memories of her; but it had to be done, she would never forgive herself if anything bad happened to them because of her.

"I'll see you soon, Hermione." Said Cepheus. He too had on a very gloomy expression as he fixated his glare on something, or someone behind her. She saw a tall young man with dark brown hair and brown eyes, his features resembled Cepheus a lot and she thought he might be a relative. "That's Brevis Crux " Cepheus said with an annoyed tone. "My brother. He plays for the Tutshill Tornados. A Beater." 

Brevis spotted his younger brother and hurriedly walked toward them. His long black jacket had unbuttoned with his movements, and Hermione was able to see a sky blue sweater with a dark blue Double-T on the chest – his teams' uniform. Brevis flirtatiously smiled at her before nodding shortly at Cepheus, who mumbled a small 'hi' in return. "Little brother, you didn't tell me you had such a beautiful friend", Brevis said while eyeing Hermione up and down, making her shift uncomfortably. "How come I never met you before, beauty?" 

Hermione nervously bade her goodbye to Cepheus, and began her small journey to the William's house, leaving the two boys behind bickering at each other.

The small cottage stood proudly at the small Hill at the end of Godric's Hollow. Both front windows were shut and no noise could be heard from the inside. She began to walk around the house and stopped in front of a wooden door with a small, grey gargoyle at the top. She put her trunk on the ground beside her feet and cleared her throat awkwardly. 

"Let me through, please. The William's are awaiting my arrival." Much to her surprise, the carved stone shook slightly, pieces of rock and dried cement falling to the floor and on top of her head. She coughed and shook her hair dismissing all the dust.

"It has been awhile since anyone has used this passage" it said "And what would the password be, my dear?" Hermione grabbed her trunk from the ground and cleared her throat once again. "Bubbles pox." 

The door opened with a loud creaking noise, and she found herself in a dusty room. Dozens of portraits nearly falling from the walls, were covered with spider's webs, and at least five or six trunks stood next to the door, piled on top of a small table. She spotted a door at the back and quickly reached for it, entering the dining room.