[5] The in crowd

Paris' Pov:

It was finally lunch and I was awkwardly wandering around the hallway trying to find the cafeteria when a group of girls came my way.

"Oh hey! You're the new girl, Paris right? I'm Savannah." The girl in the middle of the group flashed a dazzling grin and the rest of the girls followed.

Savannah had long hair that looked like a mixture of blonde and brown. It was tied into a messy side plait but it looked amazing on her. Her eyeliner and eyeshadow really brought out her light blue eyes. Oh, and she had a nose ring too.

Yup, this was definitely the popular group in this school and Savannah was probably the leader of the group.

"Yeah, hey. Um I'm looking for the cafeteria, do you guys know where it is?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Of course hon! In fact, we'll lead you there ourselves. And, you can sit with us too." Savannah hooked her arm around mine and lead me to the cafeteria before I could protest.

When we sat down, I could feel almost everyone's eyes on me.

They were definitely wondering who I was and how I managed a ticket to the popular table.

Honestly, it annoyed me how only good looking people could be considered as popular.

In my old school in America, I guess you could say I was popular. But, the rest of the popular people were considered popular as they had great personalities and were well liked by all. Not just because they were good looking or rich or they were related to someone famous or something. That's just bullshit. But I guess it's how it works in this school.

I faked a smile and tried to converse with the other people, hoping they weren't all that bad, but I was wrong.

All the girls talked about was cute boys, fashion or gossiping about other people behind their backs.

I guess, I do like the occasional talk of boys and fashion but not all the time.

And, I hate gossiping about others. It just ruins their trust.

The popular boys weren't much better.

They either talked about themselves or tried to hook up with me.

Firstly, I'm not that shallow and secondly, some of them even had girlfriends!

Ugh dickheads I swear to god.

Suddenly, I felt someone caressing my thigh.

I shoved the idiotic guy's arm away and shot him a glare before returning my gaze back to my practically untouched food.

"Aww princess, come on. How bout a little kiss? Maybe then you'll change your mind." The guy whispered into my ear.

"Dude, two words. Go. Away," I elbowed him in the stomach and huffed.

"Vic, stop pestering her." Savannah glared at him and smiled apologetically at me.

"I'm sorry, he can be a little caught up sometimes. But anyways, you're from America right? I really like your accent. It's so adorable!" Savannah smiled.

"Uh yeah thanks? I like yours too. British accents always intrigue me." I smiled back.

Oh well, if I was considered as to be in this popular group, might as well. I don't want to end up being enemies with them. Definitely a bad choice.

"Oh my gosh, but American guys are like so hot! With their muscles and tans. Ugh, totes to die for!" A girl with dyed blonde hair and a spray tan swooned and I almost gagged.

Suddenly, everyone started asking me about what America was like. The girls kept asking how hot the guys there truly were. And the guys were pestering me to hook them up with my hot American friends.

I hated- wait no, despised this talk about crushes or cute significants.

You should always save yourself for the right one and not hook up with others with different marks and then dump them.

I know not everyone believes in this soulmates thing but I do, and I intend to find my soulmate here. I can feel it.

I sighed as more questions were bombarded at me. This is going to be a long first day.

~~~