[9] The beginning of the project

Kyle's Pov:

I regretted allowing Paris to do the project in my dorm because I just realized that I didn't clean it up recently and there are probably wrappers and shit everywhere.

I ducked my head down low and tried to avoid everybody while heading to the next class.

The past week, the bullying wasn't as bad, cause Paris just moved here and everyone was too caught up in her to care about a waste of space like me.

However, now they're starting to notice me and I'm trying to hide away from them.

"Hey emo!"

I winced. Too late.

Vic, one of the popular guys laughing and shoved me against the wall.

"Hey, you better stop hanging around Paris or else your disgustingness will rub off on her understand?" Vic hit me in the stomach and I groaned in agony.

"First of all, disgustingness isn't a word. Go back to primary school. And second, it's not my fault that I paired up with her for a History project!" I wanted to shout at Vic, but instead I said it all in my head.

Vic spat at me and walked off, his friends following along.

I regained my composure and continued walking to class acting like nothing had happened.

At least today's a Friday so I have time alone tomorrow.

Every last weekend of the month, students are allowed to return home to their families or friends until Monday comes but since my mom doesn't want me anywhere within her eyesight or hearing, I don't exactly spend the weekends with her.

So, I spend it somewhat alone in the campus.

It's really relaxing, not having to worry about what everyone around you thinks about you or worrying that someone will hit you in the hallways.

I couldn't wait for my relaxing weekend to start, but I couldn't help feeling that this weekend won't be all that great.

~~~

Paris' Pov:

Spotting Kyle, I jogged up to him.

"Hey, so where's your dorm? I hope you have a laptop for us to research."

Kyle's eyes stayed looking at the floor and he mumbled something that I couldn't quite make out.

"Um sorry what?" I asked, exasperated.

"I said, of...of course I have a laptop and uh m-my dorm is this way." Kyle spoke a little louder this time and walked to the right and I followed him.

I didn't get what his problem was.

Does he hate me because I shouted at him or because people don't tease me the way they do to him?

It's not exactly my fault that people don't hate me sheesh.

This History project is going to be one hell of a project alright.

~~~