[11] The weekends

Kyle's Pov:

It was finally the last weekend of the month and everyone was rising out the doors, hailing cabs to get back to their beloved families and friends.

While I, was lying on my bed staring at the posters I managed to stick on my ceiling.

Do not ask how, it was hard and involved a lot of almost death situations but I managed it.

I checked my clock and sighed.

10:28am

About half an hour till almost everyone's gone and I can leave my dorm to go wander around the lonely corridors.

I stood up and sat down beside my desk, taking a pencil and paper out.

Art had always helped me express my feelings into drawings with complicated meanings behind them. That what I especially loved the most about art.

You could make everyone see what you want them to see, but there's a secret meaning behind it that only you know.

After a while of sketching, I realized it was already past 12.

Changing into a plain grey shirt and ripped skinny jeans, I quickly straightened my hair across my huge forehead that I hated the most about myself and headed downstairs.

The school was silent, apart from the rare people I would come across but ignore.

I wished the garden was open, I loved the place. It was usually empty and peaceful but now it's ruined by workers milling around to upgrade the garden. Not like it needed upgrading in my opinion.

So instead, I headed to the music room.

I love art but I love music too.

My mum hired a piano instructed for me when I was 4 so that I would stop pestering her to bring me out to the park and instead, be busy with piano.

I hated being forced to learn scales and all those confusing notes and stuff.

But I guess the piano lessons did help me but it kind of ruined my love of it.

So I managed to quit piano lessons, and start learning how to play songs by ear.

I sat on the school's sleek black piano and ran my fingers over the keys.

I hated playing in front of people, so I really treasured the moments when I was alone and could play in peace.

I pressed my fingers against the keys and my hands started having a mind of its own, gliding swiftly over the keys and creating this magical thing called music.

~~~

Paris' Pov:

"Hey, Paris! Tell me if you change your mind alright? It wouldn't be the same without you!" Savannah hugged me and gave a little wave.

I smiled back and waved, "Yeah, okay. Bye, don't have too much fun without me!"

I watched the popular group leave the school into a fancy limousine that Savannah's dad had hired and the car zoomed off.

Savannah's dad had rented a beach side chalet for her to bring her friends along for the weekends.

It sounded amazing, but honestly I didn't want to go.

I knew that everyone would probably be drinking and having sex so I'd rather pass that.

I really didn't understand how they treated love like a one time fling.

But thank god, no one in the group had the same mark as me as I had not so secretly checked.

I was about to head back to my dorm to go scroll through Tumblr when I heard a faint sound coming from the music room.

Was someone playing the piano?

I tiptoed into the room and peaked in, seeing the guy I least expected to see playing the piano.

Kyle.

~~~