Chapter 69

Jason's POV

New Years Day

"Thank you again Jason, for inviting me and Dylan over for New Years dinner. I can't wait to meet Malarie and your kids." Christine commented looking out the passenger side window. "No problem Christine, I'm sure Mal will love you." She rubbed her hands together, smiling nervously. Man, I hope Malarie likes her.

We had a huge argument after I told her about inviting Christine over, for New Years dinner. I was then again accused of having sex... with Christine. Which is ridiculous, I haven't touched her since that first time we've met. Malarie was so angry, she gripped my manhood in her hands... twisting it roughly. Now I have nasty bruise on my area, and she doesn't even care. Or so she says. I felt her check it out when I was "sleeping" last night. Damn did her hands turn me the hell on. She knew it too- the way her hands stroked me.

I manned up and came out telling her about my past with Christine. She was mad about it... but I assured her it's nothing sexual between us, and that Christine was before her. I know she hates the idea of us having a woman I slept with, around our children. But I'm trying to do right thing- and I want to be friends with Christine, and I want Malarie to be okay with it.

"So where's Dylan's father?" I switch lanes, asking curiously. "He's not around." I nod, realizing she was uncomfortable with the topic of her child's father.

"Well I'm sure he's thinking about Dylan, where ever he is." I pull into my driveway, turning to a sad looking Christine. "I guess." Opening up her door she gets out. I do the same, retrieving a sleeping Dylan from the backseat.

"Are you ready to meet my family and friends?" I ask Christine. She nods, grabbing Dylan's baby bag. "I'm a bit nervous, but you said they'll like me, so I guess I am." Nodding, I close the door- making sure to lock my car up.

We walked to the front of my house in silence, while I inwardly prayed my Malarie wouldn't go crazy. Unlocking the front door, I motion for Christine to go in first. That's when I saw not only my mom, but Malarie's wide eyes, and gaped mouths.

"Uh hello, Happy New Year to you both. You have a very beautiful home." Christine spoke politely while my mom stepped forward, speaking first. "Happy New Year to you as well. I'm Pattie, Jason mother. Who's the little guy." She shook her hand, giving her a warm smile.

"That's my son Dylan." My mom nodded skeptically, yet she kept a pleasing smile. "Well he is such a darling. "Thank you ma'am." I adjust Dylan in my arms, smiling at my mom.

Turning my gaze over to my crazy girlfriend, I give her my most pleading puppy dog eyes I could ever muster up. Sighing lowly, she blew out a breath. Looking away from her hard exterior, afraid she might snap, I go to say something. But surprisingly and maturely, Malarie put our differences aside, walking up to Christine.

"Happy New Year to you too. I'm Malarie, Jason's fiancé, and the mother of our two children. Thank you for the lovely compliment of our home. I appreciate you coming here today, and I hope you enjoy your stay." She smiled forcefully, shaking Christine's hand. Giving me a hard warning look, before walking away somewhere.

She called me her fiancé! Does that mean she wants to marry me... now?

"Uh, here's Dylan." I hand over Dylan, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "Er, let's go introduce you to the rest of my family and friends." I suggest, waving her to follow me.

"That sounds like a good idea."She chuckles extremely nervous, happy to be leaving my mom's quizzical gaze.

:::

After introducing Christine to my friends, my brother, and my kids. I allowed her to make herself feel at home. I literally told her to take off her shoes and relax. She did... right on my couch. I was happy to see her tenseness leave, but I could tell she still felt a little reluctant around my mom and Malarie.