0.1

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"Mom, Im home!" I call out as I enter the house and walk straight towards the kitchen to get a banana. I peel down the skin in four sections before taking a bite and put the rest down on the counter.

I make my way towards her room and frown when she isn't in there.

"Mom!" I shout again and sigh when she doesn't answer. "Great." I note that she isn't home and go back into the kitchen to finish my banana.

I look through the fridge and grin when I spot a piece of cake left from my mom's birthday. I immediately pick it out and grab a fork from the kitchen then go to the couch to sit down and watch tv.

I grab the controller from the coffee table and turn on the tv, tuning into Cartoon Network. I shove a piece of cake into my mouth and sigh in delight when the sweet taste hits my taste buds.

I stuff more of it into my mouth and freeze when there's a knock at the door. I slowly place down the plate on the coffee table and make my way towards the door. I look through the peep hole and raise an eyebrow when I see a guy.

Turning the knob, I open the door and swallow the cake all at once when Alexander - the school's player - looks up at me. He immediately backs away from me when I begin to cough and choke and I bend down to try and catch back my breath. I hold up my thumb to assure that Im fine and stand up straight again, wiping a single tear away.

He gives me an awkward smile and I cough once more, making him flinch. I roll my eyes at him and finally decide to speak up.

"What do you want?"

He smirks. "Is that a way to greet a guest?" He teases and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Im sorry but I believe you aren't a guest since I didn't invite you in. You're out there and Im in here." I motion where we are standing and his face falls.

"I guess you're right."

I fold my arms over my chest and lift my chin up as I lean against the doorframe. "So what do you want?"

"Oh," he looks down at a paper in his hands then folds it up before putting it into his Jean pocket. "My dad sent me here."

I give him an astonished look and he chuckles. "Your dad?" He nods. "Why?" I question and he shrugs.

"I dont know."

I look around and my jaw drops as a motorcycle is parked on our driveway.

"What?" He looks in the direction Im looking at and he smirks. "Oh yeah, my car is in the repair shop so I brought my bike." He informs and I quickly go back inside and shut the door. "Hey!" He shouts.

"Im not getting on that thing!"

I hear him laugh and I glare at the door. "Too bad, apparently our parents have some news and they want to inform both of us together."

Both emotions of confusion and realization dawn over me and I open the door again. "You're Mr. Mendoza's son?" I gape at him and he nods his head with a wide smile on his face.

"That's me."

I hold up my index finger to tell him to wait and I run back inside when he motions for me to go. I hurriedly take another bite from the cake and put it back inside the fridge before I step into my shoes. I then grab the keys that are hanging beside the door and walk out, locking the door.