Chapter 19

[that video on the side/top makes me so happy]

A lot of things have happened during the past three weeks.

Michael was still in a coma and neither of the boys wanted to tell each other, but they were losing more hope everyday that he wasn't awake. They each thought that they were the only ones who felt that way when truth is, they all did. Calum was secretly waiting for the moment when the doctor told him that Michael didn't make it, Luke was praying that he would wake up soon but had a feeling he wouldn't and Ashton also had a feeling he wouldn't make it but couldn't admit it to himself. He didn't want to think of a life without Michael Clifford. His best friend of 5 years, almost 6.

Every time Calum told the boys he thought he'd wake up, he lied. He wanted them to have hope, but he couldn't himself. Every other person would think its stupid that he's lying to his friends, when really he's actually doing it for their own good. He knows Luke is still having a hard time coping with his brothers death and he honestly needed him to have faith when Calum didn't. He didn't want him thinking about the worst case scenario. And even though Ashton won't admit it, he knows there's something going on with him too. Calum felt like an outsider since Ashton hasn't talked to him about it. Isn't that what friends are for? It hurt but Calum didn't ask him about it and just left it be.

Calum cares about Ash and Luke more than himself and he just wanted them happy.

Knowing they weren't happy made Calum not happy. That's kind of the thing with friendships. But there was one thing coming up that hoped it'd make Ashton and Luke at least a little more happier and that being the concert. The two were flying to LA early tomorrow morning so Luke was spending the night at Ashton's tonight. Calum and Luke were planning on spending the day together today to do some shopping and just hang out for a few hours until Luke went to Ashton's and Calum went back to the hospital.

"Calum?" Luke asked quietly, making sure the people who walked past them in the mall didn't hear him. Calum hummed, a band shirt catching his eye and he quickly walked over to it. As he waited for Luke to ask whatever he was going to, he skimmed through the clothing rack and grabbed out his size and walked towards the counter, Luke following behind.

"Uh- I need condoms.." Luke said awkwardly and Calum choked as he reached the counter. He gave Luke a stern look and the blonde rolled his eyes while Calum was paying for his shirt. After Calum payed, he smiled at the nice lady and grabbed his bag and Luke's arm, pulling him out of the shop.

"You need what?!" Calum whisper-yelled, glancing around to see if anyone was listening.

"Condoms? And lube?" Luke felt his cheeks heat up and he sighed.

"Luke.. Do you really think that's a good idea?" Calum lowered his voice, seeing how hesitant Luke looked.

"We've been official for over a month, I know it may seem a little early to you but it feels right.. And if he doesn't feel ready than that's fine. I won't pressure him." Calum saw Luke's hopeful eyes and he sighed before saying,

"Fine. I'll come with you, but I'm not buying it for you. You can do that yourself," Luke grinned and pulled Calum into a hug, swaying from side to side. Calum's eyes widened, returning the hug and awkwardly patted his back. Luke hastily pulled out of the hug and grabbed Calum's hand, running towards the pharmacy. He didn't know why he was so eager to buy lube and condoms but he was.